1) To promote an interest in theatre. 2) To provide an opportunity for participation in dramatic work for those who have an interest in theatre and community. 3) To augment and supplement the Theatre Department of Oklahoma Baptist University.
We are the theatre club on campus for both theatre and non theatre majors. We put on different events to raise funds and to help support the theatre department.
- President: Ashley Hontz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: Chase Hendrickson (email@example.com)
- Secretary: Brianna Lincoln
- Treasurer: Sam Baird
- Historian: Grant McGee
- Public Relations: Garrett Wheeler
Sponsor: Deanna Spruiell
New Works Festival, Open/Closed Rush, Karaoke Night, Variety Show, and Dorland Awards
College Players produces at least two shows per year in conjunction with OBU's theatre department. Past productions include: "All in the Timing," "The Real Inspector Hound" and "Company of Wayward Saints." Beginning in 2010, College Players began hosting an all day children's workshop for local Shawnee public and home school children.
The organization also assists the theatre department with productions in the areas of costuming, lighting and set design, stage managing, box office managing and even acting.
At the end of each academic year College Players hosts "The Dorland Awards." The award ceremony mirrors the Oscars honoring Best Actor/Actress in an OBU production, Best New Talent and Most Valuable College Player.
Requirements are a love for theatre! We have an Open Rush where students can come and get to know us better and we get to know them. Then we have Closed Rush where we can have deeper conversations before they are welcome into our organization.