1. How do I determine if I am eligible for VA Education Benefits?
- The government's VA benefits website is the best source of VA information for eligibility, types of benefit programs, payment rates and much more beyond education.
- You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-BILL1).
2. How do I use my VA benefits at OBU?
- Apply online for VA Education Benefits.
- Print and complete the VA Student Information Sheet.
- Get accepted into a degree-seeking program of study.
- Get registered for classes.
- Send a copy of the DD-214 to OBU.
- Send a copy of your VA "Certificate of Eligibility" to OBU.
3. What will I need to apply for VA benefits?
- Post 9/11 Era GI Bill Ch. 33
- DD Form 214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- VA Student Information Sheet
- VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits
- Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)
- Active Duty Ch. 30 MGIB
- Selected Reserves Ch. 1606 MGIB
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Ch. 31
- You must apply and be eligible by the VA first. The VA will fax your approval to OBU to certify your enrollment.
- Contact the VA at 800-827-1000 or go to the VA website.
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Ch. 35
4. Who is the Veterans' Certifying Official at OBU?
500 West University
OBU Box 61173
Shawnee, OK 74804
- Educational Services - 1-888-442-4551
- All other VA Benefits - 1-800-827-1000
- Monthly Verification - 1-877-823-2378
- Direct Deposit Information - 1-877-838-2778
- For Hearing Impaired - 1-800-829-4833
- VA's Debt Management Center - 1-800-827-0648
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Services
- Veterans Service Organizations Directory
- The VA Regional Office, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military Veterans Assistance