1. How do I determine if I am eligible for VA Education Benefits?
- The government's VA benefits website is the best source of VA information for eligibility, types of benefit programs, payment rates and much more beyond education.
- You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-BILL1).
2. How do I use my VA benefits at OBU?
- Apply online for VA Education Benefits.
- Print and complete the VA Student Information Sheet.
- Get accepted into a degree-seeking program of study.
- Get registered for classes.
- Send a copy of the DD-214 to OBU.
- Send a copy of your VA "Certificate of Eligibility" to OBU.
3. What will I need to apply for VA benefits?
- Post 9/11 Era GI Bill Ch. 33
- DD Form 214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- VA Student Information Sheet
- VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits
- Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)
- Active Duty Ch. 30 MGIB
- Selected Reserves Ch. 1606 MGIB
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Ch. 31
- You must apply and be eligible by the VA first. The VA will fax your approval to OBU to certify your enrollment.
- Contact the VA at 800-827-1000 or go to the VA website.
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Ch. 35
4. Who is the Veterans' Certifying Official at OBU?
Veteran's School Certifying Official
Thurmond Hall 2nd Floor
500 West University
OBU Box 61173
Shawnee, OK 74804
email@example.com | Phone: 405.585.5120
- Educational Services - 1-888-442-4551
- All other VA Benefits - 1-800-827-1000
- Monthly Verification - 1-877-823-2378
- Direct Deposit Information - 1-877-838-2778
- For Hearing Impaired - 1-800-829-4833
- VA's Debt Management Center - 1-800-827-0648
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Service Organizations Directory
- The VA Regional Office, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military Veterans Assistance