Veteran Benefits


1. How do I determine if I am eligible for VA Education Benefits?

  • The government's VA benefits website is the best source of VA information for eligibility, types of benefit programs, payment rates and much more beyond education.
  • You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-BILL1).

2. How do I use my VA benefits at OBU?

  1. Apply online for VA Education Benefits.
  2. Print and complete the VA Student Information Sheet.
  3. Get accepted into a degree-seeking program of study.
  4. Get registered for classes.
  5. Send a copy of the DD-214 to OBU.
  6. Send a copy of your VA "Certificate of Eligibility" to OBU.

3. What will I need to apply for VA benefits?

  • Selected Reserves Ch. 1606 MGIB
    • DD Form 214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
    • DD Form 2384 - Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), for Selected Reservists only
    • VA Student Information Sheet
    • VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits
  • Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Ch. 31
    • You must apply and be eligible by the VA first. The VA will fax your approval to OBU to certify your enrollment.
    • Contact the VA at 800-827-1000 or go to the VA website.
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Ch. 35

4. Who is the Veterans' Certifying Official at OBU?

Kim Arnold
VA Contact

500 West University
OBU Box 61173
Shawnee, OK 74804
Phone: 405.585.5120

Helpful Numbers

  • Educational Services - 1-888-442-4551
  • All other VA Benefits - 1-800-827-1000
  • Monthly Verification - 1-877-823-2378
  • Direct Deposit Information - 1-877-838-2778
  • For Hearing Impaired - 1-800-829-4833
  • VA's Debt Management Center - 1-800-827-0648

Helpful Links