Join us at the next Missions Forum!
The Tom Elliff Center for Missions advances the gospel of Jesus Christ, enhances education in missions at Oklahoma Baptist University, and empowers missionaries by connecting local churches to OBU and the world.
Dr. Tom Elliff has spent his life reaching others with the gospel of Jesus Christ as a pastor, a denominational leader and entity figurehead, and a missionary. OBU shares his desire to impact and equip the next generations of ministry leaders and missionaries for the call for the gospel to go to all the nations (Matt. 28:19).
Dr. Elliff has agreed to partner with OBU to advance the gospel by empowering missionaries through the Center for Missions.
The Elliff Center empowers OBU students by providing scholarship dollars to those who have sensed God’s call to career missions, either internationally or in the United States, and have shared that call to missions with their church family.
What Does the Center Do?
- The Center equips students for their callings as career missionaries.
- The Center enhances the education experience by introducing OBU students to the key mission leaders on the field through Missions Forums and additional events held regularly on campus. Dr. Elliff and other key leaders will invest in the next generation of missionaries.
Dr. Elbert Smith fosters and facilitates Missions Forums and other events.
- The Center connects local churches to OBU students and supports their efforts to go into the world to advance the gospel. The unique feature of the partnership between local church involvement, OBU and the mission field is that local churches have the opportunity to invest in the mission experiences of students from their home churches. Local partner churches support their students at OBU as they are equipped to go on mission to the world.
Dr. Mike Hand fosters and facilitates these partnerships.
- The center empowers students by providing scholarship dollars to students enrolled in missions degrees at OBU.
- Students are equipped for their callings as missionaries through one of two OBU programs, the Bachelor of Arts in global marketplace engagement and the Bachelor of Arts in cross-cultural ministry.
- The Tom Elliff Center partners with OBU’s Avery T. Willis Center for Global Outreach to equip OBU’s students for missions through our Global Outreach training and hands-on experience on the mission field.
God has commanded His church to go into the world sharing the Good News of Jesus and discipling all nations (Matt. 28:18–20).