View the HLC Third Party Comment Notice.
Accreditation is subject to periodic review and reevaluation by the accrediting agency. A student may wish to ascertain the accreditation of specific degrees, programs or courses of instruction at the time of enrollment.
Oklahoma Baptist University is accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability
The University holds membership in:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges
- Association of College Administration Professionals
- Association for Computing Machinery
- The Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education
- Association for Middle Level Education
- Consortium for Global Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities
- International Reading Association
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Oklahoma Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence
- Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities
Because Oklahoma Baptist University and St. Gregory's University are in close proximity, in order to maximize flexibility to undergraduate students, the two institutions have established an articulation agreement that allows students to take classes at the other institution under certain circumstances. Learn more about the articulation agreement.
Oklahoma Baptist University also participates in the Oklahoma Course Equivalency Project. Transfer students may find the most recent year's table of equivalent courses on the webpage for the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. All transfers are subject to the policies set for in the current year's academic catalog.