As a recent high school grad or soon-to-be graduate, choosing a university can be a daunting task. There are public, private, large and small universities … but how do you know which
Community of Faith
Perhaps one of the most well-known benefits of attending a Christian university is the community of faith -- friends and classmates who will encourage, support and walk with you through your educational experience. At a Christian university, you will be surrounded by peers, staff and faculty members who will challenge you in your faith and listen to you as you solidify your beliefs.
While many universities have opportunities to serve in missions or within the local community, at a Christian university, the majority of the student population is involved in community service projects, volunteer projects and/or overseas mission trips. With a smaller campus size compared to many public universities, you will have the ability to become more deeply connected with the student body at large.
Real-World Application of Faith
At a Christian university, you will experience professors and peers who are willing to challenge you to go deeper in your faith in relation to the world around you. Classes will emphasize the importance of living out your faith in your vocation, regardless of what that may be. You will have the opportunity to develop strong communication and critical thinking skills, as well as improve your global awareness from a Christian perspective.
When you choose to attend a Christian university, you do not have to compromise academic excellence. At OBU, a large majority of our professors have completed their doctorates. Additionally, our classes are taught by the professor, whereas in other institutions, your classes may be primarily taught by teaching assistants. Having daily interactions and communication with the professors allows students to glean the most from their education experience. Need more proof?
- 97% of 2014-2015 OBU graduates reported being employed full-time or in grad school within 6 months of graduation
- OBU graduates have a 90+ percent acceptance rate into medical schools.
- OBU nursing students pass the licensing exam at a rate consistent with the national average.
- OBU business grads consistently score above the 90th percentile on the respected ETS Major Fields exams.
- Recent OBU education students passed their teaching competency exams at a rate of 97 percent and 99 percent of OBU graduates with an education degree are teaching full-time.
- OBU graduates have been accepted into graduate programs at Princeton University, Duke University, the Mayo Clinic, John’s Hopkins and George Washington University, among many others.
- OBU music education grads recently have enjoyed 100 percent job placement.
Personal Relationships with Faculty
One of the advantages of a smaller, Christian university like OBU is the smaller student-to-faculty ratio. At OBU, our average student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1, which gives students the opportunities to develop stronger relationships with their faculty members. Those relationships produce a more personalized educational experience. Our faculty
If you are interested in learning more about OBU, contact us today and schedule your campus visit.