The Get Fit Program is a cross-training incentive program that rewards participants with prizes for the number of times an individual exercises throughout the year. Awards are given after 20 or 40 workouts are completed and recorded throughout the semester.
In addition to proper nutrition and effective stress relief, exercise is a significant component of a healthy lifestyle. Regular, consistent workouts offer health benefits, including preventing certain diseases, reducing anxiety, depression, and negative mood, and improving self-esteem and cognitive function. It enhances energy, strengthens bones and muscles, increases bodily function and coordination, and increases cardiovascular endurance and stamina.
You may receive credit for doing any of the following activities:
- Group Fitness Classes
- Weight Training
- Using our racquetball courts
- Using fitness equipment in the weight room
- Playing indoor/outdoor Intramurals
- Running on the indoor track or treadmill
- A number of other Recreational events and activities
The Get Fit Program is offered twice during the school year
- During the first semester, you can record anytime between Sept.1 and Dec. 10.
- During the second semester, you can record anytime between Feb. 1 and May 10.
Get Fit Rules
- Get Fit is a computer-based program; we will add your name into the computer.
- Come to the front desk and inform the desk worker of your workout when you have completed a workout.
- Participants are credited for legitimate 30-minute workouts on the day they participate.
- Participants may only record once a day and four times per week.
- Workouts must be completed in the RAWC facility except for outdoor Intramurals and activities around campus.
- Individuals must complete training in all four areas to be eligible for prizes.
Double Point Days
- Jan. 30 — Rise 'n Grind 6 a.m.
- Feb. 13 — POUND 4:30 p.m.
- Feb. 23 — Circuit Cycle 8 a.m.
- March. 14 — Barre 7 p.m.
- March 25 — YOGA On The Oval 10 a.m.
- April 18 — Spin 6 p.m.
Successful completion of 20 or 40 cross-training workouts entitles participants to prizes. Recipients will be notified when prizes may be picked up and are encouraged to attend a brief photo opportunity.
Group Fitness Challenge
Get to know all the great fitness classes offered at the RAWC. This is a program offered over the month of January designed to help students try an array of group fitness classes on campus.
Group Fitness Schedule
How It Works
- Record eight group fitness classes throughout the month of January
- 4 in the morning
- 4 in the afternoon/evening
- Just asterisk your name on each sign-in sheet