Be sure to check out the OBU Career Portal for information on upcoming events - career fairs, information sessions, workshops, etc. Upload a resume that can be seen by employers, take an interest survey. Need help? Contact the Career Development office for a walk-through of the Career Portal.
Spring 2023 Career/Internship Fairs
Click on the date for more information or sign-in to your OBU Career Portal account. Be sure to RSVP through the OBU Career Portal to connect with the employers prior to the event.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - All Majors Career/Internship Fair - All industries
Wednesday, March 1, 2023 - Summer Camp Recruitment Fair
Tuesday, March 7, 2023 - Teacher Education Career Fair
"I have NO idea what I want to major in!" That statement is extremely common among freshmen and sophomores … even juniors and seniors, at times. Use the link below to research opportunities within different majors.
Resumes, Cover Letters, Interviewing and More
The goal of a resume is not to get you a job. Seriously! The goal of a resume is to land you an interview. Keeping that fact in mind can help relieve some of the pressure usually associated with creating a resume.
Use SkillsFirst (previously Resume Builder) to build yours. Tutorials and samples are available for reference, including that all important list of action words and AI optimization. You can also record a mock interview. Just sign in or register and begin building a great resume and working on your interview skills.
To be sure you are on a successful career track, view the checklists below for suggestions of what to do each year.
Will You Be Career Ready?
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) has identified eight competencies that employers are looking for in recent graduates. Are you ready?
Student Business Cards
Fill out an order form to receive a set of business cards. Be ready to impress prospective employers.
Job Search Tools
- OBU Career Portal - Oklahoma Baptist University's online recruitment system for jobs and internships; the official job listing service that provides employers, OBU students and alumni the ability to directly interact with each other.
- Register today to begin your search and application process for positions, register for career fair events, connect with employers, take an interest assessment and more. Once you have a great resume prepared, be sure to upload it to use for employer review and applying for jobs.
- Use LinkedIn Jobs to harness the power of your network to uncover insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search. Leverage the world’s largest professional network to build relationships and connect with opportunity.
- Be sure to check out the Alumni tab on the Oklahoma Baptist University page.
- Check out LinkedIn for Education for great "how to" resources.
- Careers in Ministry (Oklahoma listings)
- Careers in Oklahoma Non-Profit Sectors
- National Listing for Non-Profit Opportunities
- Careers in Education (OSSBA)
- These sites are not all encompassing; do nationwide research by school name, district, or location.
- Careers in Higher Education
- Careers in Federal Government
- State of Oklahoma Jobs
- Student Athletes - NCAA Career Site
- CCCU Career Center - Opportunities in Christian Higher Education (Faculty & Administration), Church Ministry, Faith-Based Nonprofits (CCCU - Council for Christian Colleges and Universities)
- The City of Oklahoma City - Search for openings and setup job alerts
- The City of Shawnee, OK
- Shawnee Forward