International students at OBU are provided with assistance to help them file their taxes each year.

A student will only need to file taxes if they have worked during the prior tax year or if they had a scholarship that totaled over the cost of tuition (if it paid for books, room, or board)

  • If you have worked you will receive a form W-2
  • If your scholarships total over the price of tuition you will receive a form 1042-S

For assistance, students may access the link below to process their tax forms. Please watch for an email from the international office about the evening that assistance will be provided. Otherwise, please contact your international office to receive the access code to fill in the tax software and process your taxes.

Tax Site:

In order to complete the tax process you will need to have:

  • Your passport
  • I-20
  • Tax documents (W-2 and/or 1042-S) with you