Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) requires that all F-1 International students maintain medical health insurance coverage during their academic program at OBU.
All international students’ health insurance policies must meet the following requirements.
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Medical Evacuation expenses in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- A.M. Best rating of A- or above, Insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of A-I or above, Standard and Poor’s Claims Paying Ability rating of A- or above, or Weiss Research Inc. rating of B+ or above. Or the policy must be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the student’s home country.
- If you are an international student athlete or involved in any athletic activity (intercollegiate, club, or intramural) on campus, your insurance must cover you during athletic participation at a coverage of at least $5000 per athletic injury.
All international students must submit a copy of their insurance card, plan information, and the signed Insurance Coverage Form to the Director of International Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email email@example.com with any additional questions.