Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) requires that all F-1 International students to maintain medical health insurance coverage during their academic program at OBU. To ensure that each student has adequate health insurance coverage, an online Waiver System will be used to assess alternate health insurance plans each semester.
All submitted health insurance policies will be assessed through this waiver system for acceptance or denial. Below, you will find the insurance requirements that a policy must meet in order to be waived. I encourage you to immediately begin checking your policy or discussing it with your family before submitting a plan for waiver to the system.
Each student must complete the process in order (1) to enroll in GeoBlue insurance offered through the university OR (2) to waive and submit proof of coverage for assessment.
To be considered for a waiver your alternate plan must provide coverage that, at a minimum includes:
- $250,000 of Coverage for Accident or Sickness
- Deductible Coverage of $0 per Accident or Illness
- Coinsurance must not exceed 20% of covered benefit
- Must be no waiting period for pre-existing conditions
- Medical Evacuation Coverage of $100,000
- Repatriation of Remains Coverage to $25,000
- Current policy is with an insurance corporation with an A.M. Best or Standard and Poor’s Claim rating of “A-“?
Essential Minimum Benefits comprise of a comprehensive package of benefits and services that must be included in a PPACA compliant health care, including:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (such as surgery)
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (care for a mother and baby before and after the baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment, counseling and psychotherapy
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
For more information about GeoBlue, go to www.geobluestudents.com
For the Waiver Process, go to https://hthworldwide.secure.force.com/OklahomaBaptistUniversity
Please email email@example.com with any additional questions.