OBU Educational Goals
A graduate from OBU will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in an academic or professional discipline in a liberal arts context and engage in the process of academic discovery as a life-long learner.
- Think critically and creatively about complex problems in order to develop, communicate, implement and evaluate innovative solutions.
- Integrate Christian faith and worldview in broad and discipline-specific contexts in a diverse world by analyzing, evaluating, and engaging in issues of local, regional, national, and global importance.
BSN Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the BSN program, the student will:
- Apply clinical judgment/reasoning to diverse populations, providing safe, quality, health-focused care based on current evidence.
- Work in collaboration with individuals, families, communities, and professional colleagues as a provider and leader in health care delivery.
- Exercise stewardship in the management of fiscal and human resources, engagement in civic and regulatory processes, and competence in management of information and technology.
- Integrate faith consistent with a Christian worldview into professional practice, demonstrating ethical integrity, accountability, and a commitment to respect and compassion for all.
- Demonstrate commitment to life-long learning and professional growth.