Move-In Day Checklist
- Health Screening
- All residents and guests must complete a health screening in the Noble Complex parking lot prior to arriving at the residence halls.
- One resident and two guests are allowed to help move in during the scheduled 3-hour time slot.
- Student ID (Lower Geiger Center, Aug. 5–8)
- You will need this for your meals during Welcome Weekend.
- Student IDs can be made between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Please come before or after your scheduled move in time.
Welcome Week Schedule (subject to change)
Move In Days (more detail in student email)
Wednesday, August 5 and Thursday, August 6
- Scheduled times are arranged through your Resident Director.
- Most all meals are served in the Geiger Center cafeteria (Cafe on the Hill aka "The Caf").
- Meet up with your Tri-W (Welcome Week Worker) or RA (Resident Assistant) for your meals.
- Use your Student ID to swipe in on your meal plan.
- Commuters can add a meal plan at the Cashier's window in Thurmond Hall.
- New Student Orientation (Potter Audiortium, Raley Chapel)
- Commuters: choose to come once at 8:30 p.m. either Aug. 5 or 6.
- On Campus Residents: attend once on the evening of your scheduled move in time at 8:30 p.m.
- Late Night at the RAWC (Recreation and Wellness Center) Activities will be held Aug. 5–6 from 9:30 p.m.–11 p.m.
Welcome Week Activities
Friday, August 7
|8 a.m.||Breakfast in the Caf|
|9 a.m.||Family Group (related to the # on your name badge)|
|9:30 a.m.||Small Group Convo: "A Day in the Life"|
Transfer Student Lunch in GC 218-220 (must RSVP)
|1:30 p.m.||Res Hall Meet Up (arranged by your RA or CL)
Commuter Student Meet Up (GC 218-220)
|4 p.m.||Family Group
Small Group Convo: "OBU Traditions"
|5 p.m.||Dinner on the Lawn|
|8:30 p.m.||Movie @ Bobby Cox Baseball Field|
Saturday, August 8
|8:30 a.m.||Family Group Breakfast @ Meeting Locations|
|9:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.||
Campus Crash Course: Four sessions in rotation beginning at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m. and 1:45 p.m.
|11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||Lunch Break|
|4 p.m.||Small Group Convo: "How to Have Academic Success"|
|7 p.m.||Practice Walk (Oval)|
|8 p.m.||Dr. Heath Thomas shares "President's Vision"|
|8:45 p.m.||Intermission and Tri-W Skits|
|9:45 p.m.||Student Government Association (SGA) Social (Front of Thurmond Hall)|
Sunday, August 9
|8 a.m.||Small Group Breakfast and Convo: "Ministry on Campus and in the Community"|
|morning (time TBD)||Small Groups sent out to local churches|
|11 a.m.–1 p.m.||Lunch available in the Caf|
|afternoon||Break to See Shawnee, Rest, and Prepare|
|2–5 p.m.||Fine Arts Auditions
University Ringers (Handbells) Auditions: Raley 122
Chorale Auditions: Raley 203
|7:30 p.m.||Meet up for the Walk (Oval)|
|9 p.m.||Worship on the Steps|
Monday, August 10
- First Day of Class