Alternative Teaching Certificate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission
- Official Academic Transcript*
- Statement of Purpose — Please type a writing sample using the prompts below and send the completed statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Each part should be approximately 150 words in length.)
- How did you learn about the ACCESS (Alternative Certification and Credentialing for Elementary and Secondary Schools) Program?
- Explain why you are seeking alternative teacher certification.
- Describe your experience(s) working with P-12 students inside or outside classroom settings.
- What do you hope to achieve in your career in 5-10 years, and how do you think this program will help you achieve these goals?
- One Recommendation Form (must be from your principal if you’re currently working at a K-12 school)
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or foreign equivalent as approved by specific program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcript(s) must reflect work from all colleges or universities contributing to your degree. These must be mailed directly to: OBU Graduate Admissions, 500 W. University, Box 61262, Shawnee, OK 74804 or emailed to email@example.com.