Dr. Elizabeth Justice
Chair, School of Education
Associate Professor of Education
|Office Location||Shawnee Hall, 207B|
|OBU Mailbox #||61771|
Dr. Justice joined the OBU faculty in 2015 after spending 20 years in public school education. She serves as the Director of Field Placement for the Teacher Education Program at OBU and teaches much of the coursework for the special education preperation program.
Dr. Justice taught in various schools in Kansas and Oklahoma teaching both general and special education classes to K - 8th grade students. Prior to coming to OBU, she was the Director of Special Education Service for Elgin Public Schools. Dr. Justice holds an Oklahoma Teaching Certificate in elementary education and mild-moderate disabilities. She also holds an Oklahoma Principal Certificate at the Elementary and Secondary levels.
Dr. Justice earned a Bachelor's of Science in Special Education from Oklahoma Baptist University. She then earned a Master of Education in Administration from Southwestern Oklahoma State University and a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education from Grand Canyon University.
Dr. Justice and her husband Chris have been married for twenty five years. They have three daughters, Emily, Bailey and Rylie, and one son-in-law, Colten. Dr. Justice's family is actively involved at Regency Park Baptist Church where her husband serves as the worship pastor.
- B.S.E., Oklahoma Baptist University, 1995
- M.Ed., Southwestern Oklahoma State University, 2010
- Ed.D, Grand Canyon University, 2020
- Dissertation: A Case Study of Teachers' Perception of Middle School Level Response to Intervention
Math Methods, Reading Methods, Secondary Methods for Mild/Moderate Disabilities, and Inclusion of Students with Disabilities
- National Council for Exception Children (CEC)
- Council for Exception Children, Teacher Education Division (TED)
- Oklahoma Council for Exceptional Children (OK-CEC)
- Oklahoma Higher Education Reading Council (OHERC)
- OK-CEC Conference “Exploration and Differentiation of Reading Strategies for K-8 Students, March 2020
- National CEC Conference “Co-Teaching: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners of the Future”, Feb 2019
- OACTE Higher Education Conference “Discover Teaching”, Oct 2018
- OCATE Higher Education Conference “Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners of the Future”, Oct 2017