Dr. Kellie D. Young
|Office Location||Shawnee Hall, 201-B|
|OBU Mailbox #||61771|
Dr. Young joined the OBU faculty in 2014 after spending 14 years in public school education. Before coming to OBU Dr. Young spent five years at Moss Public School teaching second and fifth grade and nine years at Grove Elementary School teaching kindergarten, second and fourth grade. She holds Oklahoma certification in early childhood education, elementary education, middle school language arts and middle school social studies.
Dr. Young earned a Bachelor of Science in elementary education from East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma. She then earned a Master of Education in educational technology from East Central University and Doctor of Education in early childhood education from Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, Arizona.
- B.S., East Central University
- M.Ed., East Central University
- Ed.D., Northcentral University
- Dissertation: Brain-based Instructional Training for Early Childhood Teachers: Is It Enough?
- ECED 2082: Intro Early Childhood Education
- ECED 2152: Child/Family/Community Relations
- ECED 3078: Guiding Young Children
- ECED 4452: Language Development in the Young Child
- ECED 4703: Science/Social Studies for Young Children
- ELED 4164: Language Arts/Children's Literature
- EDUC 3203: Educational Psychology
- NAEYC: National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NAECTE: National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators
- OAECTE: Oklahoma Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators
- SECA: Southern Early Childhood Association
- ILA: International Literacy Association