The first weeks of our academic year are always exciting on the OBU campus, as new students form friendships and adjust to college life. In addition to their coursework, students are participating in a variety of activities, including campus concerts, intramural sports, theatre productions, Bible studies, mission projects, and student organization meetings.
We want to encourage you to come to campus for Family Week October 13-14. This event gives parents and other family members the opportunity to visit with your student and get a glimpse of how his or her transition to campus life is going. We have planned several activities for the day, but at the same time we are leaving you plenty of time to visit apart from scheduled events. We hope you will mark your calendar, and we look forward to seeing you on the campus in October.
Thank you for being part of the OBU family.
Friday, October 13th
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Family Weekend Registration – Upstairs GC
- 5:30-6 p.m. Family Weekend Welcome – Upstairs GC
- 6–7 p.m. Campus Chili Cook Off - Downstairs GC
- 7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Family Worship Night – Upstairs GC
- 8:30 p.m. Desserts with the Drs. and Deans – Downstairs GC
Saturday, October 14th
- 10:30 a.m. – Faculty/Staff Meet and Greet Brunch – Downstairs GC
- Lunch – Eat Local (Discounts at various restaurants)
- 1-5 p.m. ResHall Open House
- 5 p.m. – Dinner on the Town
- 8 p.m. – Freshman Follies – Potter Auditorium, Raley Chapel