Inspired to Teach
The “Inspired to Teach” is a program to support the teacher pipeline and the preparation of public-school teachers for prekindergarten through 12th grade, and to encourage the preparation of teachers in critical shortage areas in the public schools of Oklahoma.
- The student must be a graduate from an Oklahoma high school
- Meet higher education admission standards
- Declare a major in a teacher education program with a degree leading to a standard teaching certificate
- Be enrolled as a full-time (12 credit hours per semester) undergraduate student each semester of scholarship eligibility until degree is obtained
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and a minimum 2.5 GPA throughout matriculation
- Agree to complete the Oklahoma teacher preparation education program AND agree to teach in an Oklahoma public prekindergarten through 12th grade (PK-12) school for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years upon graduation and certification as a teacher
See Scholarship "Participant Agreement" for full details.
Deadline for Spring 2023 semester: Participation Agreement must be received by January 20, 2023*.
*Agreements received after the above data will be reviewed for the next semester.
Participation Agreements must be submitted to the Teacher Education Office (Shawnee Hall 203). Agreements will not be accepted via email for confidentiality reasons.