While earning a Bachelor of Arts degree, you will learn about the theatre presented within the larger contexts of history, religion and culture. OBU Theatre teaches theatre skills through application and study and gives a wide spectrum of production experiences.
|Program Options||Degree Plan|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Theatre|
|Minor in Theatre|
What makes an OBU Theatre degree special?
The OBU Theatre program offers more than 30 courses that provide quality training in performance and design within a Christian context, study of literature and the history of the world stage and rigorous production schedules of classical and contemporary theatre.
What are OBU Theatre grads doing with their degree?
Our graduates are working, or have worked, professionally in the following organizations:
- Sight and Sound Theater, Branson (dresser; deck crew; hair/makeup stylist)
- Know Theatre, Cincinnati (resident stage manager)
- River and Rail Theatre Company (founding artistic director)
- UCO, Edmond (costume shop manager, director of facilities and productions)
- Park Square Theater, St. Paul (soundboard operator)
- The King's College, NYC (associate professor of English and theater, playwright)
- Wichita Symphony (patron services/box office/administrator)
- Walt Disney World (entertainment technician)
- Steppenwolf, Chicago (stage manager)
- Tennessee Women's Theater Project (acting)
- Wayside Theatre, VA (acting)
- Film Industry (makeup designer)
- Celebrity Attractions, OK (box office manager)
- The Shakespeare Theater, Washington DC (acting)
- Firebone Theatre, NYC (artistic director, playwright)
- Playhouse on the Square, Memphis (stage manager)
- Wayside Theatre, VA (production stage manager)
- Pollard Theatre Company, OK (acting)
- Swank Audio Visuals, Austin, TX (director)
- Leavenworth Summer Theatre, WA (acting/costumes)
- Playhouse on the Square, Memphis (costume shop supervisor)
- National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts, Washington DC (teacher)
- Actors Repertory Theatre (director)
- Dallas Theatre Center (stage manager; lighting intern)
- Seaside Repertory Theatre, Seaside, FL (production stage manager)
- Shakespeare in the Park, OKC (acting; box office asst.)
- Olney Theatre, Washington DC (asst. costume designer)
- Alley Theatre, Houston (acting; dramaturg)
- AD Players Theatre, Houston (acting)
- Lexington Children's Theatre (acting intern)
Learn more about the theatre faculty.
- Audition Notices
- Scholarship Audition/Interview Information
- Student Clubs
- Theatre Grads
This program is offered through Communication Arts in the Warren M. Angell School of Visual and Performing Arts.