The Weekend is OBU’s annual Homecoming celebration and you’re invited home to gather, to connect and to celebrate. There’s something for everyone: alumni, students, prospective students, families and friends. All members of the OBU family and community can enjoy The Weekend.
Make plans to come home for The Weekend, October 21-23!
The Weekend: October 21-23, 2021
Thursday, October 21
- NEW! Pastors Conference | Geiger Center 218-220 at 3:30 p.m.
- Featuring Dr. Hance Dilbeck, Dr. Todd Fisher and Dr. Heath A. Thomas
- NEW! Women of Vision Dinner | Cargill Advancement and Alumni Center at 6 p.m.
Friday, October 22
- Preview Day - Preview Day offers a look at life on Bison Hill for prospective students. They’ll be exploring the campus and engaging with current students. If you have the opportunity, tell them what Bison Hill means to you!
- Family Weekend - The families of our freshman have been invited to experience The Weekend! There’s not a better time to show them the love and energy found on Bison Hill.
- Pastors Conference | Stavros Hall 214 at 8 a.m.
- OBU Men’s Basketball Golf Tournament | Shawnee Country Club at 8 a.m.
- Class Reunion Luncheons | Geiger Center at 11:30 a.m.
- Class of 1970 & 1971 Golden Anniversary | GC 218-220
- 50 Year Club Reunion Luncheon | GC 214-215
- Worship Service | Stubblefield Chapel at 2 p.m.
- Mortar Board Reunion | WMU Lobby at 3 p.m.
- Harvest Dinner | Geiger Center at 6 p.m.
- Musical Gala | Raley Chapel, Potter Auditorium at 8 p.m.
- Olde Fashioned Ice Cream Social | Geiger Center, Café on the Hill at 9:30 p.m.
- Bison Basketball vs. USAO | Noble Complex at 5 p.m.
Saturday, October 23
- Bison Stampede 5K | Recreation and Wellness Center starting at 7 a.m.
- Group Reunions:
- Theta Breakfast | WMU East lawn at 7 – 10 a.m.
- ODK Breakfast | GC 214 at 9:30 a.m.
- School of Nursing Reunion | Stavros at 9:30 a.m.
- Science & Math Reunion | Wood at 9:30 a.m.
- Residential Halls Open House | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Music Reunion | RC 203 at 10:30 a.m.
- Disc Golf Club Open Tournament | OBU Disc Golf Course at 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- NEW! Alumni Decade Reunions BBQ | Oval at 12 p.m.
- Alumni are invited to enjoy a BBQ lunch (ticket required) and an afternoon of live music, lawn games, and the Art on the Hill Festival on Saturday afternoon. Decade reunions (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s) will gather in designated areas as we enjoy the fall weather on our beautiful Bison Hill.
- NEW! Art on the Hill Festival | Oval from 12 – 4 p.m.
- 1991 Glee Club Spectacular viewing | Ford Music Hall Rehearsal Room at 2 p.m.
- McCabe Family Ribbon Cutting and Dedication | Shawnee Hall, Craig-Dorland Theatre at 2 p.m.
- NEW! HoCo Walk | Oval to Intramural Fields starting at 3:45 p.m.
- Featuring deco boards painted by students themed “Traditions and Icons”; alumni will vote on their favorites and awards will be given at half-time of the football game.
- NEW! The Weekend: Tailgate | Intramural Fields 4 – 6 p.m.
- Bison Football vs. Southeastern Oklahoma State | Crain Family Stadium at the Hurt Memorial Track Complex and Bison Football Field at 6 p.m. - Purchase tickets
- Note: advance purchase of tickets is required; tickets will not be sold at the gate.
Join The Weekend mailing list.
OBU is following appropriate state and governmental authorities to inform our decision-making. Face coverings are optional however individuals who have not been vaccinated are encouraged (but not required) to continue wearing face coverings. Physical distancing is not required. Protocols will be updated as necessary as COVID conditions change and evolve. Please refer back to this page prior to coming to campus to check for any updates.