To apply for the Pursuits Program, you must complete the following requirements:
- An application for admissions
- An official copy of your high school transcript
- ACT/SAT scores – most recent
- Pursuits Program application and required essay. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- A personal interview with you and your parent/ guardian. After we have received all the above materials, we will contact you and set up an appointment.
- FAFSA – required for financial aid.
Send all application information to:
OBU Pursuits Program
OBU Box 61206
500 W. University Shawnee, OK 74804
You have shown interest in attending OBU by submitting an application and having your ACT/SAT scores directed to us. We have reviewed your materials, and although your GPA and/or ACT/SAT scores are less than our admission requirements, we believe that with some academic interventions, you can be successful in a four-year college setting. You could be admitted conditionally to OBU through the Pursuits Program, a cohort/learning community, during your freshman year and will be enrolled in classes with other Pursuits students, especially during the first semester. All Pursuits classes are for college credit toward your degree.
- Pursuits ENGL 1114, Introduction to Composition will meet four days a week. This course will assist in writing and reading skills in preparation for not only OBU’s English program, but the reading and writing assignments in other content areas. ENGL 1114 meets the core English requirements for ENGL 1153.
- Students requiring additional math preparation will take Math 1003 plus additional math as required by their degree.
In addition, you will have a faculty mentor with whom you will meet each week for support. This mentor will continue to work with you during the second semester of your freshman year as you take other college courses. The Student Success Center and its academic mentors will also be part of your support team, and you will be required to go to the Center for additional academic assistance. If you choose to be part of the Pursuits Program, you won’t spend your time just studying. We encourage you to begin your journey on Bison Hill by fully engaging student life at OBU.