Graduate Programs Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission
- Official Academic Transcript*
- A current Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Recommendation Forms (one must be from the pastor of your church)
- Apply for Financial Aid
- To be considered for enrollment in the MA degree program, applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree.
International Students must also submit the following documents:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (see score requirements below)
- International Student Financial Guarantee - Part I and II
- Passport copy
- Transcripts and degree evaluation (list of approved agencies)
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or foreign equivalent as approved by specific program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcript(s) must reflect work from all colleges or universities contributing to your degree. These must be mailed directly to: OBU Graduate Admissions, 500 W. University, Box 61262, Shawnee, OK 74804.
Students whose first language is not English and whose undergraduate degree was not earned from an accredited college or university in the U.S. must submit official results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) directly from the corporation to OBU (institution code: 6541) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The minimum score requirements for TOEFL are:
- 550 on the paper-based test
- 213 on the computer-based test or
- 80 on the internet-based test.
Students whose TOEFL or IELTS score is too low are strongly encouraged to consider enrolling in OBU’s Intensive English Program (IEP). This campus-based program is designed to develop language skills which will help facilitate academic success when the student leaves the IEP and proceeds to graduate work. For more information, please contact OBU’s International Student Liaison at 405.585-5011.
A maximum of 9-12 credit hours or two courses from an accredited graduate school will be considered for transfer credit. Only grades of B or above will be considered, and coursework should have been completed within the last six years. Transfer credit requests will be carefully evaluated by the academic deans, and are not automatically granted.