Graduate Programs Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission
- Official Academic Transcript*
- A current Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Graduate Exam score: GMAT (Graduate Management Assessment Test)
- Upon submission of application, transcript and resume, qualified applicants may be eligible for GMAT waiver.
International Students must also submit the following documents:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (see score requirements below)
- Passport copy
- Transcripts and degree evaluation (list of approved agencies)
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or foreign equivalent as approved by specific program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcript(s) must reflect work from all colleges or universities contributing to your degree. These must be mailed directly to: OBU Graduate Admissions, 500 W. University, Box 61262, Shawnee, OK 74804.
MBA Degree Requirements
The undergraduate degree does not need to be in a business field; in fact, working professionals with degrees in other fields are strongly encouraged to apply. For non-business majors, demonstration of basic competency in general business knowledge, including financial accounting, economics, finance, and business math and statistics, is required. Competency can be demonstrated by:
- Submission of transcripts which demonstrate successful completion of coursework in the required areas at an accredited institution
- Passing the appropriate Ivy Software Examination (Pre-Course Assessment or Post-Course Exam)
- Resources may be found at www.ivysoftware.com
- Passing the appropriate College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Resources may be found at www.collegeboard.com
Full-time work experience of at least two years is preferred, with a strong desire to develop leadership potential. Exceptional students with less work experience may be considered on a space-available basis.
Students whose first language is not English and whose undergraduate degree was not earned from an accredited college or university in the U.S. must submit official results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) directly from the corporation to OBU (institution code: 6541) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The minimum score requirements for TOEFL are:
- 550 on the paper-based test
- 213 on the computer-based test or
- 80 on the internet-based test.
Students whose TOEFL or IELTS score is too low are strongly encouraged to consider enrolling in OBU’s Intensive English Program (IEP). This campus-based program is designed to develop language skills which will help facilitate academic success when the student leaves the IEP and proceeds to graduate work. For more information, please contact OBU’s International Student Liaison at 405.585-5011.
A maximum of six credit hours or two courses from an accredited graduate school will be considered for transfer credit. Only grades of B or above will be considered, and coursework should have been completed within the last six years. Transfer credit requests will be carefully evaluated by the academic deans, and are not automatically granted.