Dr. Tony Yates
Associate Professor of Science
|Office Location||Wood Science Building, 119-C|
|OBU Mailbox #||61771|
- A.A. Biology, Hutchinson Community Junior College Kansas
- B.S. Biology, Oklahoma Christian College
- M.Ed. Biology Education, Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Ph.D., Science Education, University of Oklahoma
- BIOL 2354 Human Anatomy Lecture and Lab
- BIOL 2364 Human Physiology Lecture
- BIOL 2247 Microbiology Lecture and Lab
- GNSC 1124 Issues in Biology Lecture and Lab
- GNSC 3102 History of Science
Publications and PresentationsPublications:
Yates, T. (2016). Inquiry into Issues in Biology Laboratory Manual. Ronkonkoma: NY. Linus
Yates, T. and Marek, E. (2015). A Study Identifying Biological Evolution-Related
Misconceptions Held by Prebiology High School Students. Creative Education, 6,
811-834. doi: 10.4236/ce.2015.68085.
Yates. T. B., & Marek, E. A. (2014). Teachers teaching misconceptions: A study of factors
contributing to high school biology students’ acquisition of biological evolution-related
misconceptions. Evolution: Education and Outreach, 7(7).
Yates, T. B., & Marek, E. A. (2013). Is Oklahoma really OK? A regional study of the prevalence
of biological evolution-related misconceptions held by introductory biology teachers.
Evolution: Education and Outreach, 6(1), 1-20.
Biles, C., & Yates, T., (2006). Physiology Lab Manual (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Custom
2016 University of Oklahoma Jennie Rainbolt College of Education EDSC 6333 Research
Paradigms in Scientific Investigations guest speaker: Research Strategies,
Methodologies and Quantitative Analysis Associated with Three Recently Published
2014 University of Oklahoma EDSC 6532 Research Paradigms for Scientific Investigation
class guest speaker: Student Acquisition of Biological Evolution-Related Misconceptions:
The Role of Public High School Introductory Biology Teachers.
2012 University of Oklahoma Precollegiate Academies Field Studies in Multidisciplinary
Biology, OU Biological Station: Science and its Methods.
- National Association for Health Advisors for the Health Professions
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- Oklahoma Academy of Science