Bill and Twylah Horne Professorship in Accounting
Assistant Professor of Accounting
|Office Location||Bailey Business Center, 233|
|OBU Mailbox #||61737|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
David Greenwell joined the faculty of the Paul Dickinson College of Business at OBU in the summer of 2020, as an Assistant Professor of Accounting. Prior to joining OBU, he was a partner with RSM US, LLP, the fifth largest CPA firm nationally and internationally. David has provided insightful tax and consulting services to clients from a wide range of industries including, energy, technology, manufacturing and real estate for more than 40 years. In addition to his tax and consulting experience, David was the Financial Investigation and Disputes leader for RSM in Oklahoma. For more than 20 years he led forensic investigations and provided expert testimony in numerous federal and state district courts, as well as representation before the Internal Revenue Service Appeals Division.
Mr. Greenwell is the former chairman and current board member of the Oklahoma Accountancy Board, and has served on several professional committees with the OSCPA and AICPA. He is a former expert resource person for the White Conference on Small Business and served as an instructor for RSM's internal professional training and external events such as the Tax Executive Institute.
Since 2011, David has served on the City Council of Oklahoma City, representing Ward 5. He is also a member of the board of directors of the Alliance for Economic Development of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City Redevelopment Authority, Good Shepherd Ministries, and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting - Oklahoma City University
- Master of Business Administration - University of Oklahoma
- Currently enrolled - Oklahoma State University Executive PhD in Business Program
- Executive Certificate in Public Policy - Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- Oil & Gas Taxation and Accounting
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Uniform Capitalization of Overhead for Inventory for Income Taxes
- Taxation of Partnerships and Partners
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Former member of the IRS Practice and Procedure Committee
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) - Current member of the Oil & Gas Committee and Forensic Accounting Committee.
- Certified in Financial Forensic (CFF - AICPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- Charter Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP - The American College)
Awards and Honors
- American Institute of CPAs - Public Service Award
- Oklahoma City Chapter of OSCPA - Distinguished CPA of the Year
- South Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce - Citizen of the Year
- Oklahoma City Community College - Member-Hall of Fame
- Capitol Hill High School - Athletics and Activities - Hall of Fame Member
- "Proposed Tax Reform's Profound Effect on Oil & Gas Industry," The Real Economy, April 2017
- "Political Activities and Reporting Requirements for Tax-Exempt Entities," The Tax Advisor, April 2015
- Accounting for Income Taxes for the Oil & Gas Industry, RSM US, LLP, Senior Leadership - October 2019
- Consulting Services for Managers and Supervisors, RSM US, LLP, Managers - June 2019
- IRS Controversy in the Oil & Gas Industry, Tax Executive Institute, Houston TX - February 2018
- Corporate Tax Update, Oklahoma Society of CPAs, Oklahoma City, OK - August 2017