Lecturer in Communication Studies
BiographyAnn McNellis is an OBU graduate with a degree in English and minor in Public Relations. She went on to earn her master's degree in Mass Communications from Texas Tech University. Ann worked in the Oklahoma City area for several years for various nonprofits as well as an advertising agency before starting a family and working part-time.
Ann has been an adjunct for OBU since 2010 while continuing freelance PR work as well.
She is married to Russ and has three children, Scott, Maggie and Lyla. Ann volunteers at her children's schools, and her and Russ teach the Young Married Sunday School Class at their church. She is a proud OBU alum and loves getting to know her students and seeing them succeed.
- M.A., Mass Communication - Texas Tech University
- B.A., English - Oklahoma Baptist University
- Contemporary Public Relations
- Public Relations Case Studies
- Public Relations Writing
- PR and Social Media
- Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector
- Introduction to Speech Communication
- English Composition: Exposition and Argument
- English Composition and Classical Literature
- Introduction to Professional Writing
- Central States Communication Association (CSCA)
Selected PublicationsEllis, V., Barbe, K., McNellis, A., & East, B. (April 2018). Prime real estate: Branding university
syllabi. Presented at the 2018 annual meeting of the Central States Communication
Association in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- "Adjunct Faculty Can Breakthrough the Negativity and Find Ways to Feel Fulfilled, Rewarded and Satisfied with their Roles." Selected panel at the 2020 annual meeting of the Central States Communication Association in Chicago, Illinois. (Cancelled due to COVID-19).
- “Hired to Help: Students Learn the Special Communication Needs of Nonprofits Through Real Life Dialogue with the Community” Great Idea for Teaching Students Presentation at CSCA Conference; Omaha, NE.