Joshua S. Brunet
|Office Location||Ford Hall, 202|
|OBU Mailbox #||60001-B|
Joshua Brunet has been a freelance illustrator for over 15 years and has worked for a variety of magazines, including Focus on the Family and LifeWay Press. His first children's book, When Pigs Fly, was published in 2011 by Borderstone Press. Since then he has illustrated three other children's books including, I'm in Love with a Big Blue Frog (Imagine Publishing), a collaboration with legendary folk trio Peter, Paul, and Mary, and singer/songwriter Les Braunstein.
Joshua taught as an adjunct professor in the art department at Union University in Jackson, TN from 2009 - 2014. He then moved to Denver, CO where he was an Assistant Professor of Illustration at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design from 2014 - 2016.
Josh is married with four children and currently resides in Shawnee, Oklahoma, where he teaches in the art department at Oklahoma Baptist University.
- B.S. in Illustration, Indiana Wesleyan University, 2000
- M.F.A. in Illustration, Hartford Art School, University of Hartford, 2011
- Drawing Basics
- Design Basics
- Raster Graphics
- Painting I & II
- Printmaking I: Serigraphy
- Printmaking II: Serigraphy
- Advanced Topics in Art: Illustration
- When Pigs Fly. by Ben Mandrell and Joshua S. Brunet, Illustrated by Joshua S. Brunet. Borderstone Press, LLC, 2011.
- I'm in Love With a Big Blue Frog. Performed by Peter, Paul and Mary, Words and Music by Leslie Braunstein, Illustrated by Joshua S. Brunet. Imagine Publishing, 2013.
- When Butterflies Cross the Sky. By Sharon Katz Cooper, Illustrated by Joshua S. Brunet. Picture Window Books, 2015.
- Cat in the Night. By Madeleine Dunphy, Illustrated by Joshua S. Brunet. Web of Life Children's Books, 2016.