Dr. Chuck Baukal
Associate Professor of Engineering
Director of Engineering Program
|Office Location||Thurmond Hall, 3rd Floor|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
Have been working in industry as a combustion engineer for over 40 years and have taught as an adjunct engineering instructor for over 38 years. Registered Professional Engineer and Qualified Environmental Professional. Authored/edited 17 books: 14 on industrial combustion and 3 on engineering education. An inventor on 11 U.S. patents and serve on many advisory boards. Lines of inquiry include industrial combustion, engineering education, and engineering in the Bible.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.Ed., University of Oklahoma
- Ed.D. in Applied Educational Studies, Oklahoma State University
- MBA, University of Tulsa
- M.A. in Biblical Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Mathematics (trigonometry to calculus and statistics)
- Mechanical Engineering (thermodynamics, heat transfer, experimental methods, energy, combustion, safety, power generation)
- Air and Waste Management Association
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Christian Engineering Society
- Combustion Institute
- Evangelical Theological Society
Awards and Honors
- Phi Kappa Phi honor society
- Tau Beta Pi engineering honor society
- Pi Tau Sigma mechanical engineering honor society
- Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society
- Gamma Beta Phi service honor society
- Kappa Delta Pi education honor society
- National Dean's List
- Outstanding School of Engineering Faculty Member of the Year 2020 - 2021
- Continuing Engineering Education Handbook, Nova Science, New York, 2022.
- Gallery of Combustion and Fire, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2020.
- Mechanical Engineering Education Handbook, Nova Science, New York, 2020.
- Learner Preferences for Continuing Engineering Education, Lambert, Mauritius, 2017.
- The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook (3 volumes), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2013
- Ammonia for Industrial Combustion, International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exhibition, Columbus, OH, November 2022.
- Pasta Bending Experiment, American Society for Engineering Education Midwest Section, Tulsa, OK, September 2022.
- Trinity Analogy: Thermodynamic Triple Point, Christian Engineering Conference, Minneapolis, June 2022.
- What Employers Look for in New Engineering Graduates, 2022 American Society for Engineering Education, Minneapolis, June 2022.
- Impact on Emissions from High Hydrogen Combustion, Air & Waste Management Association Annual Conference & Exhibition, San Francisco, June 2022.
- Decarbonated Combustion in Industrial Processes, panel at the 39th Symposium (International) on Combustion, Vancouver, July, 2022.
- Is Hydrogen the Fuel of the Future?, 4C Conference, Austin, TX, April 2022.
- Allies or Antagonists? Engineering Writing in Industry vs. Academia, 2022 Conference for Industry & Education Collaboration, Tempe, AZ, February 2022.