The Division of Language and Literature aims to:
- assist students in developing skills in critical thinking and informative, analytical and creative written communication
- to introduce students to significant works of literature reflecting the history of Western culture and non-Western culture
- to assist students in analyzing the nature and diversity of human expressions of culture; to assist students in developing an appreciation for the aesthetic, ethical and legal imperatives associated with written communication
- to assist students in understanding the nature and structure of language
- and to assist students in integrating Christian faith and knowledge.