Fall 2020 Classes
On-campus classes have resumed for the fall 2020 semester with safety measures in place to assist in protecting the health and wellness of our students, faculty and staff.
Academic Calendar Updated
OBU has revised the calendar for academic year 2020-21. The Board of Trustees voted to move up the start of the fall semester, remove Labor Day and Fall Free Days, and conclude the fall semester before Thanksgiving. The move is part of the University’s COVID-19 response plan for the safe return to campus for students this fall.
The OBU Campus Map has been updated to include the locations of all available health screening locations as well as the open entrances for each building on campus.
- Students living on campus will need to complete a health screening every morning at their facility's front desk starting at 7 a.m.
- Signs will be posted throughout the residence facilities encouraging students to practice physical distancing, hand washing and wearing face coverings. Students will also be advised through signage to limit the number of people in common areas.
- No visitors from outside the residence facility will be allowed in. Only residents and staff of that facility are allowed inside.
- Kitchens and kitchenettes will be available with precautionary measures implemented, including regular cleaning and capacity limits.
- View the full Residential Life Guidelines for complete details. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commuter students will need to complete a health screening every morning at a screening station on campus before entering any building.
OBU Athletics has provided Post-COVID19 Return to Play Protocols for student-athletes who have tested positive for COVID-19. These protocols adhere to NCAA guidelines.
Classrooms and Campus Life
- Students and employees will be required to wear face coverings during classes and regularly wash and sanitize hands. Face coverings will likewise be required in all common areas throughout campus, wherever two or more people are gathered together.
- Physical distancing will be practiced in all courses. This may include alternate locations or hybrid course delivery based on classroom capacities and availability.
- Chapel will be held fully online.
Café on the Hill
- Prior to entry, all students and employees will be required to sanitize their hands.
- Important: Entry to Café on the Hill will only be allowed from the west side entrance to establish one-way traffic flow.
- Café on the Hill will offer dine-in and takeaway meal options. Meals will be served on disposable plates with pre-wrapped cutlery provided. Physical distancing protocols will be practiced in lines and in the dining area. Face coverings should be worn at all times in the cafeteria except while eating.
- No self-service will be available at any station. myPantry foods such as breakfast breads, condiments and cereal will be served in the deli during breakfast hours. Salads will be pre-made with limited made-to-order options.
- Café employees will wear face coverings and gloves at all times. Health shield barriers will be used at all points of service.
- Café on the Hill will close between meals for cleaning and sanitization.
- The Outtakes and Chick-fil-A will continue their takeaway options but remove all self-service items.
- Hours for The Outtakes and Chick-fil-A will be limited during weekday evenings.
Mabee Learning Center
- The Mabee Learning Center will be open with appropriate precautions in place. This includes quarantining of materials upon check-in and sanitization of high-touch areas.
- When possible, please use digital resources to ensure as many people as possible have access.
- For full details, read the OBU Library Guidelines.
Kemp MFT Clinic
- The Kemp MFT Clinic will reopen with both in-person and telehealth options. Multiple factors will be considered when deciding which option to pursue.
- Patients will be screened during an initial intake call and have their temperature taken when entering the clinic.
- Check the MFT Clinic Reopening Plan for more information.
Intramurals and Club Sports
- Intramurals have made adjustments to incorporate physical distancing, with more outdoor sports and fun activities. See the full list of events and links to sign up.
- Club Sports are following the guidelines adopted by OBU's Recreation and Wellness Center in regards to safety protocols for practices; competitions will be reassessed later in the fall. Learn more about Club Sports.
The Department of Recreation and Wellness has updated their policy and procedures to meet and exceed Local, State and CDC Covid-19 guidelines and ensure safety of patrons. Read the full policy and procedures.