The Intensive English Program (IEP) is an Academic English language-learning program that offers courses for beginning to advanced level students. This program serves students whose purpose is to learn English to pursue an academic degree in an English-speaking university as well as for a variety of other professional or personal reasons.
The IEP program is perfect for international students who are seeking to learn the English language from scratch, as well as for those who are seeking to master it. International students will gain practical English skills to be used for academic studies, professional careers, and everyday life. Courses are instructed with rigorous methods that will help students to achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. Upon completion of the IEP program, international students are eligible to apply to Oklahoma Baptist University undergraduate and graduate programs without having to take the TOEFL exam. International students applying to the undergraduate program will need to take a residual ACT.
Why Study English at OBU?
- Provides an accelerated English learning environment
- A fully American culture immersion within a great community
- Interaction opportunities with native-English speakers
- Opportunities to participate in Sport Clubs and other on campus activities
- Personalized tutoring available for every IEP student
- Proven success from international students pursing an academic degree in the US after IEP completion
- At least 20 hours of classroom work per week
- Highly qualified instructors
- Small size class providing full attention on students needs
- All levels form Basic to Advance.
We would love to get to know you and provide a great learning environment. Learn how to apply today!
You will gain proficiency in:
You can begin at any session:
- Session 1 August 24 - October 11, 2017
- Session 2 October 16 - December 14, 2017
- Session 3 January 29 - March 16, 2018
- Session 4 March 26 - May 11, 2018
- Complete your application
- Send us your Transcript
- Send a copy of a current passport
- Financial Guarantee
- Provide a bank statement (proving funds on the financial guarantee)
*No test scores required for IEP admissions.