- Designed for working professionals
- Courses offered online
- Courses offered in flexible intensive sessions
Why Choose OBU?
Leadership for a World in Need
Oklahoma Baptist University is a leader in Nursing Education. OBU is here to help you become a leader in the health care industry.
A Practicum to Remember
You will be able to travel overseas to a location of your choice to engage in nursing care, or you can connect with one of several health care centers here in Oklahoma City or across the country that reach out to people from various cultural backgrounds.
Your studies here can be shaped to fit your desired goals in your present position or the position you have your eye on. Our professors work with you to craft projects in line with your goals in the program.
Engaging & Practical Instruction
Your courses are designed to be very interactive. You and your fellow classmates engage current issues and topics in the health care industry.
At the OBU College of Graduate and Professional Studies we integrate a biblical worldview to help you strengthen your professional ethic. You will be encouraged to put into practice character qualities that make you a stronger leader.
Certificate in Global/Public Health
The Global/Public Health Certificate Program is for post-master's nursing majors who wish to expand their impact cross-culturally. This certificate program will expose the student to global health, community development, and cross-cultural care. It will provide students with the perspective needed to lead others in global health endeavors.
Global/Public Health Nursing Certificate Courses (10 credit hours)
- NURS 5303 (3 hours)—Global Health and Community Development
- NURS 5323 (3 hours)—Cross-Cultural Care
- NURS 5471 (1 hour)—Advanced Nursing Practicum I
- NURS 5483 (3 hours)—Advanced Nursing Practicum II
Admissions Requirements for Certificate Programs
Those interested in receiving one of the certificate programs listed above should follow the following application process:
- Complete online College of Graduate and Professional Studies Application.
- Submit validation of a Master of Nursing from a program accredited by an approved nursing accrediting body. This must be mailed by the institution to: OBU Graduate School, 500 W. University, OBU Box 61262, Shawnee, OK 74804.
- Submit validation of a current license to practice professional nursing in the United States.
Please note that certificate programs are not eligible for any institutional or federal financial aid.