FAME is designed to provide an exciting showcase of the students and activities of the College of Fine Arts so that qualified, auditioning, prospective students will consider pursuing a degree offered by one of our three Divisions: Music, Art & Design, and Communication Arts.
FAME will be held on the OBU campus in Shawnee, Oklahoma, February 19, 2018 (President’s Day), while normal campus classes and activities are in session at OBU. Special FAME activities include:
- Opportunities to meet potential classmates as well as current OBU students, faculty, and staff, including Admissions Counselors.
- An introduction to the Warren M. Angell College of Fine Arts, including programs of study, performance opportunities, and admission processes.
- A brief showcase of what our Art, Theatre, Communications, and Music students are creating and performing.
- A tour of the College of Fine Arts facilities, including the recently renovated Ford Hall, the primary building for Fine Arts students to develop individual skills and to craft creative expressions within an exciting, collaborative environment.
- Classroom and rehearsal observations.
- Complimentary lunch on campus.
- Auditions and Portfolio Reviews for talent-based financial aid available through the College of Fine Arts.
We encourage you to arrive Sunday evening, February 18, to attend the 42nd Annual Concert-Aria concert, featuring outstanding student soloists accompanied by a full orchestra. The concert, held in Potter Auditorium of Raley Chapel at 7:30, is free and open to the public.
While there is no cost to participate in FAME, reservations are required and due by Monday, February 12. Register for the Fine Arts Main Event.