FAME is designed to provide an exciting showcase of the students and activities of the College of Fine Arts so that qualified, auditioning, prospective students will consider pursuing a degree offered by one of our three Divisions: Music, Art & Design, and Communication Arts.
FAME will be held on the OBU campus in Shawnee, Oklahoma Feb. 19-20, 2017 (President’s Day holiday), while normal campus classes and activities are in session at OBU. Special FAME activities include:
- A welcome banquet for students and parents
- Opportunities to meet current OBU students, faculty, and staff, including Admissions Counselors
- A tour and overview of theatre activities
- A showcase of works of art by OBU faculty and students
- The 41st Annual Concerto-Aria concert featuring outstanding student soloists accompanied by a full orchestra
- An optional overnight campus stay for prospective students with current OBU art, music and theatre students
Activities also include:
- Scheduled scholarship auditions and portfolio review times for art, music and theatre students
- Classroom experiences with OBU faculty
- Parent information and panel discussion led by the Office of Admissions
- Closing ceremony with special awards
- Registration is open through January 31, 2017 or until all registration spaces are filled.
- Attendees must register online. There is no cost to attend.