Dr. Robert Cloyde
|Office Location||Cargill Alumni Center|
|OBU Mailbox #||61275|
A native of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dr. Cloyde began pastoring Southern Baptist Churches shortly after graduating from Oklahoma Baptist University. After nearly 14 years in the pastorate, he accepted a role in healthcare administration at the Marshall County Hospital in Madill. During his seven years at the hospital, he was named the head of the hospice department, then the Director of the Home Care Division, and ultimately joined the Executive Leadership team, answering to the COO. Following a successful sales career, he returned to Oklahoma Baptist University in 2008 as a Director of Development. In 2011 he was named Senior Director of Development. From 1996-2017 Cloyde served in Southern Baptist Churches as a congregational leader, while continuing to fill pulpits as a supply preacher and interim pastor. In 2017 he returned to the pastorate in a bi-vocational role by becoming the Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Healdton, Oklahoma.
Married to Terri Cloyde, a career educator. Together they have three adult sons.
- Doctor of Ministry, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Arts, Religion major, Oklahoma Baptist University
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, 2014-2017
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Chief Development Officer's Award of Excellence recipient.