Dr. Pam Robinson
Division Chair, Teacher Education
Professor of Education
|Office Location||Shawnee Hall, 208A|
|OBU Mailbox #||61771|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
Dr. Pam Robinson came to Bison Hill in 1993 after teaching adjunctively at OBU for the two years prior. She has presented at numerous conferences. Topics have included “Accreditation Program Report Preparation,” “Co-Teaching: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners of the Future”, and "Preparing Informed Educators.” She is the co-founder of the annual “Discover Teaching” event, an event designed to compel high school students to choose education as a career. Dr. Robinson facilitated and led the first faculty mission trip to India where the team assisted the local church with its ministry to children in the slums and to people in a nearby village. As a service to her profession, she serves as a national reviewer for the Council for Exceptional Children. She also serves on the Program Review Advisory Board for the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability. She is a site visitor through CAEP training and has chaired the state accreditation team for six Oklahoma institutions.
Before coming to OBU, Dr. Robinson was the Director of Federal Programs for the McLoud Public Schools. Prior to that, she served as the Assistant Director of Special Education Services at the Oklahoma State Department of Education. She is a member of Hilltop Baptist Church in Shawnee where she teaches in Sunday School, serves as church clerk, and plays the organ. She serves on the Shawnee Salvation Army Advisory Board and is an active member of the Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary. In her spare time, she enjoys playing with her granddaughter, mentoring college students, hiking, car shows (muscle cars), and genealogy.
- Ph.D. 1996 Oklahoma State University, Applied Behavioral Studies
- Emphasis: Special Education and Higher Education
- M.S. 1981 Oklahoma State University, Student Personnel and Guidance
- B.S. 1978 Oklahoma State University, Special Education
- Areas of Certification: Special Education, P-12, Mentally Handicapped, Learning Disabled, School Counselor, P-12, School Principal, Elementary and Secondary
- Special Education coursework
- Foundational Education coursework
- The Council for Exceptional Children
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Oklahoma Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Liz Justice, Jeanne Akin, Marie Farley, Pam Robinson, “Co-Teaching: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners of the Future”, Council for Exceptional Children Convention, Indiana, February 2019.
- Pam Robinson and Emily Sechrist, “STEM in Education Pathways/Careers”, STEM Leadership Conference, Gordon Cooper Technology Center, January 2019
- Terry James, Liz Justice, and Pam Robinson, “Discover Teaching”, OACTE Fall Conference, November 2018
- Trainer of state CEC Program Report Writers, Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2015 to present