Dr. Nichole Jackson
|Office Location||Stavros Hall, 121|
|OBU Mailbox #||61805|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
Nichole Jackson joined the OBU faculty in 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Nursing and the College of Nursing Simulation Director. She received her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in 2015 after completing her BSN and MSN degrees in 2007 and 2011. Her professional experience includes hospital nursing practice, undergraduate education, and cross cultural mission nursing. Nichole is a Certified Nurse Educator, which is a mark of excellence in the field of nursing education as well as a Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator. She was awarded a teaching excellence award in 2014 for outstanding commitment to students and expertise, creativity, and leadership in the classroom and beyond and a certificate of excellence from OBU in 2018. Nichole desires to be intentional, serve others, and empower all as she fulfills her role at Oklahoma Baptist University and within broader communities.
- B.S.N., Oklahoma Baptist University
- M.S.N., Oklahoma Baptist University
- D.N.P., Duquesne University
- Capstone: New Graduate Nurses and the Application of Evidence
Courses Taught• NURS 1101: Nursing/Cornerstone Seminar
• NURS 2024: Introduction to Nursing
• NURS 3233: Adult Practicum
• NURS 3411: Adult and Pediatric Simulation Lab
• NURS 3421: Psych and Family Simulation Lab
• NURS 3093: Mental Health Practicum
• NURS 4242: Complex Practicum
• NURS 4411: Chronic and Community Simulation Lab
• NURS 4421: Complex and Leadership Simulation Lab
• NURS 5484: Advanced Nursing Practicum
• NURS 5994: Capstone Course
Publications and Presentations
• Jackson, N. (2018, May). INACSL Standards Overview & Hearing Voices Simulation Introduction. Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Center 12th Annual Simulation Conference post-conference boot camp session, Francis Tuttle Technology Center-Rockwell Campus; Oklahoma City, OK.
• Jackson, N. (2018, May). Setting the Stage for Effective Simulation. Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Center 12th Annual Simulation Conference session presentation, Moore-Norman Technology Center-Penn Campus; Oklahoma City, OK.
• Jackson, N. (2018, January). Faculty fixer upper: Simulation faculty development workshop. Faculty continuing education workshop, Oklahoma Baptist University; Shawnee, OK.
• Jackson, N. (2017, May). Simulation starting points: Psychological safety and beyond. Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Center 11th Annual Simulation Conference session presentations, Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City Campus; Oklahoma City, OK.
• Jackson, N. (2017, May). Simulation starting points: Psychological safety and beyond. Faculty continuing education session, Oklahoma Baptist University; Shawnee, OK.
• Jackson, N. (2015, May). Incorporating evidence-based practice learning into a nurse residency program: Are new graduates ready to apply evidence at the bedside? Poster presentation, Duquesne DNP Graduate Session; Pittsburgh, PA.
• Jackson, N. (2016). Incorporating evidence-based practice learning into a nurse residency program: Are new graduates ready to apply evidence at the bedside? Journal of Nursing Administration, 46(5), 278-283. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0000000000000343
Memberships• American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN Organizational Member)
• International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
• National League for Nursing (NLN)
• Oklahoma Medical Reserve Core (OKMRC)
• Oklahoma Alliance for Healthcare Simulation (OKAHS)
• Sigma Theta Tau International: Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
Additional InformationINTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• INACSL Research Fellowship, 2019-2020 Cohort (currently ongoing)
• NLN Simulation Leadership Program, 2018 Cohort
• INACSL-CAE Simulation Fellowship and Mentoring, 2016 Cohort
INTERNATIONAL NURSING EXPERIENCE
• El Limonal, Nicaragua: Medical Mission Team-Baptist Medical Dental Mission International (BMDMI), July 2012
• Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Medical Mission Team-Southern Hills Baptist Church, July 2009
• Banda Aceh, Indonesia: Tsunami Relief Team-Oklahoma Baptist University, August 2005
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." -Corrie ten Boom