Dr. Lucrecia Litherland
|Office Location||Owens Hall, 105|
|OBU Mailbox #||61307|
Dr. Lucrecia Litherland was born and raised in Argentina and has continued to visit her homeland frequently. She has published articles and presented papers on Bilingual Education programs and Language Policy on various occasions. She is a member of the Oklahoma Foreign Language Teachers Association and of the Oklahoma Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. She received the Award of ESL Professional of the Year in 2006 by OKTESOL. She has participated in many mission projects both within the community of Shawnee and overseas. She enjoys travel, music, antiques and horses. She and her husband have four children, Eric, Heidi, Raquel and Kelly, and three grandchildren, Jordan, Edan, and Suton.
- B.A., William Woods College
- M.A., University of New Hampshire
- Ph.D., University of Texas
- SPAN 1313, 1323: Beginning Spanish Language and Culture
- SPAN 2313, 2323: Intermediate Spanish Language and Culture
- SPAN 2213: Spanish Conversational Skills
- SPAN 2223: Spanish Reading Skills
- SPAN 3063: Spanish Conversation and Composition
- SPAN 3073: Advanced Conversation and Composition in Spanish
- SPAN 3203: Latin American Culture
- SPAN 3213: Spanish Culture
- SPAN 4103: Contemporary Perspectives
- SPAN 4329: Advanced Topics in Spanish
- SPAN 4913: Advanced Grammar
- FREN 1313, 1323: Beginning French Language and Culture
- ENGL 3753: Intro to TESOL Methods
- ENGL 3743: Second Language Acquisition
- ENGL 4223: Introduction to Linguistics
- EDUC 4373: Foreign Language Methods, K-12
- EDUC 4291: Clinical Practicum in Methods, PK-12, Modern Foreign Language
"Paraguay: A Tale of Two Languages - Spanish and Guaraní." Presenter. AATSP (American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese) Annual Conference. San Antonio, TX. July 2013.
"Bilingüismo en Paraguay." Presenter. MALAS (Midwest Association for Latin American Studies) Conference. Norman, OK. Nov. 2011.
"Bilingüismo en Suramérica: El caso único de Paraguay." Presenter. AATSP (American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese) Annual Conference. Washington, D.C. Jul. 2011.
"Public Policy, Immigration, and Latina/o Politics." Joint Panel Discussant with Dr. Tony Litherland. WPSA. Vancouver, BC. March 2009.
"Assessing Dual Language Policy: A Case Study." Co-Author with Dr. Tony Litherland. Oklahoma Politics. Vol. 15. November 2006.
"Integrating Spanish Language and Culture into the Elementary School Curriculum through Thematic Instruction." Co-Presenter with Kristin Grimes. AATSP. Salamanca, Spain. July 2006.
"Assessing Dual Language Policy and Its Political Fallout." Co-Presenter with Dr. Tony Litherland. WPSA. Albuquerque, NM. March 2006.
"A Snapshot View of a Dual Language Program in Two Oklahoma City Elementary Schools." Co-Presenter with Dr. Tony Litherland. TESOL. Puerto Rico. Nov. 2002.
"Analysis of the Linguistic Ideological Debate." Co-Presenter with Dr. Tony Litherland. OABE/OKTESOL. Tulsa, OK. Nov. 2001.
"Latinos' Linguistic Rights: Where do we go from here?" Co-Presenter with Dr. Tony Litherland. MALAS. Mexico. Nov. 2000.
“From a Foreign Language Perspective: A Snapshot View of a Dual Language Program in Two Inner-City High-Poverty Elementary Schools.” Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education, Special Issue: Proceedings from the Texas Foreign Language Conference 2000. Austin, TX: The University of Texas-at-Austin.
“Chatting with the Author, Jim Crawford.” OKTESOL Newsletter, Dec. 2001.
“English Only” Panel Discussion. OKTESOL Newsletter, Jan. 2001.
“Dispelling Myths in Language Teacher Preparation Programs.” OKTESOL Newsletter, Feb. 2000.