Dr. Keith Harman
Ernest C. Wheeler Chair of Business
Professor of Business
|Office Location||Bailey Business Center, 236|
|OBU Mailbox #||61737|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
Dr. Keith Harman joined the Paul Dickinson College of Business in 2006. Prior to arriving on Bison Hill, Dr. Harman taught at Southeast Missouri State University, National-Louis University, and Northcentral University.
A native of Oklahoma, Dr. Harman attended OBU from 1970-1972 and later completed a B.S. in Social Studies from the University of Oklahoma, an M.Ed. in Vocational Education from The University of Oklahoma, a Ph.D. in Higher Education Management at The University of Oklahoma, and a Master of Arts in Finance and Operations Management from Webster University. He also participated in a post-doctoral study program at MIT and later at the U.S. Army War College.
Dr. Harman's career includes service in higher education as a faculty member, department chairperson, dean, campus director, academic program director, and university trustee. He spent six years in the U.S. Army eventually serving at HQ level in logistics and strategy. He has served at the executive level in a private foundation, a community property and land development association, and in a government agency. He began his career in the commercial banking business later spending ten years as a consultant with Fortune 100 organizations through his work with the Juran Institute. Today he serves as an advisory board member to an IT consulting firm, a university executive MBA program, an insurance company, and as treasurer of a local arts organization.
His interests include travel, hiking, digital media, modern art, fishing, baseball, college football and "classic movies."
- B.S., University of Oklahoma
- M.S., University of Oklahoma
- M.A., Webster University
- Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
- Post-Doctoral Study, MIT in Cambridge, MA
- BTEC 1103: Fluency in Information Technology
- BTEC 1123: Business Problem Analysis
- BTEC 3503: MIS
- BTEC 4403: Data Administration
- CIS 5203: Information Technology
- FIN 4453: Financial Management
- MGMT 3603: Introduction to Management Science
- MGMT 4903: Business Policy
- MGMT 6223: Organizational Strategy
- BSAD 1999: Topics in Business Administration: All About ESPN
- BSAD 1999: Topics in Business Administration: All About Google
- BSAD 1999: Topics in Business Administration: Introduction to E-Commerce
- BSAD 1999: Topics in Business Administration: All About Your Favorite Pro Sports Team
- Fellow and Distinguished Scholar, International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management
Dr. Harman has published extensively. His research areas of interest include knowledge management and business strategy, online education, scholarly communication, and valuation of intellectual property.
He serves as co-editor of journals affiliated with the Informing Science Institute.