|Office Location||Sarkeys Telecommunication Center, 142-A|
|OBU Mailbox #||61240|
Jake has been designing for the stage for the last 15 years. In that time he has designed for over 70 productions, including 13 world premiers, and 18 annual productions of the vaudeville review Theatre Physics. Some of his favorite designs have included: Metamorphoses by Mary Zimmerman, Hamlet by William Shakespeare, Tell it to the Wind by Benji Inniger, and Blood Wedding by Fredrico Garcia Lorca.
Previous to OBU Jake has served 11 years as an Adjunct Professor of Theatre at Bethany Lutheran College, teaching a variety of classes in Theatre Arts. It is his commitment to continue to train future generations of theatre artists, helping to equip them as theatre practitioners with a Christian Worldview.
Jake received his MFA in Theatre Arts from Minnesota State University, Mankato in 2012. During his graduate work Jake participated in 24 productions, served as the Graduate Representative to the faculty, and completed two internships with the Pacific Conservatory Theatre in Santa Maria California.
- B.A. Bethany Lutheran College
- M.F.A. Minnesota State University, Mankato
Thesis: The Lighting Design of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- Technical Theatre Courses
- Design Courses
- Theatre History & Criticism Courses
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology
Awards and Honors
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival Region VI for Lighting Design 2018
- KCACTF Region V Commendation for Lighting Design 2017
- KCACTF Region V Golden Hand Truck 2016
- KCACTF Region V Commendation for Lighting Design 2010
- KCACTF Region V Golden Hand Truck 2010
- KCACTF Region V Commendation for Collaborative Design 2009
- KCACTF Region V Commendation for Design Process 2005
- KCACTF Region V Commendation for Lighting Design 2004