Dr. Daryl Green
Dickinson Chair of Business
Associate Professor of Business
|Office Location||Bailey Business Center, 215|
The writings and opinions expressed on social media platforms are those of the authors, and may not necessarily reflect those of OBU.
Dr. Daryl Green, DSL, is the Dickinson Chair of Business professor at Oklahoma Baptist University in the Paul Dickinson College of Business. In 2016, Green retired from the DOE, where he worked in the EM Program for over 27 years.
His primary research areas are leadership, management, culture and decision-making. Green has contributed to the scholarly research within his discipline with more than 15 articles and more than 400 citations, published in well-known academic journals. Additionally, Green is a member of editorial boards in several academic journals, including Strategic Leadership Review and Management and Economics Research Journal.
Dr. Green is an award-winning author with several books. He has been noted and quoted by USA Today, Ebony Magazine, and the Associated Press. Giving back to society is very important to Green with his speeches to community groups and his services youth. Dr. Green is a man of faith and believes anything is possible with God on your side. He has been an active member of his church in Tennessee as an ordained deacon, bible lecturer, and youth advisor. Dr. Green has been called a "Modern Day Renaissance Man" with his many talents including ballroom competitive dancing.
- B.S. ,Mechanical Engineering, Southern University A&M (LA),
- MA, Organizational Management, Tusculum College (TN)
- D.B.A., Strategic Leadership, Regent University (VA)
- Graduate Marketing, Southern New Hampshire University (NH)
- Certificate of Digital Marketing Fundamentals, University of Vermont, VT
- Certificate of Advanced Social Media Strategy, Syracuse University in conjunction with HootSuite ( NY)
- Certificate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, University of South Florida (FL)
- System Analysis
- MBA Courses
- Ballroom and Social Dancing
- Blacks in Government, Life Membership
- Institute of Global Business Research
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
- Pi Tau Sigma (Honorary Engineering Society)
- Southern University Alumni Federation, Life Membership
- Society of Advanced Management
Awards and Honors
- Stukent Faculty of the Month (Digital Marketing)
- Awarded Best of ACBSP Region 6 Presentation
- Department of Energy Certificate of Sustained Superior Performance
- Literary Awards Winner (1st). Sponsored by The Big Greater Orange County Chapter and Amber Communications Group, Inc.
- Oklahoma Rush Ballroom Championship, Competition Ballroom Champions
- Green, D. and McCann, J. (2020). Mapping Disruption in Higher Education: The New Faculty Model.” American Research Journal of Business and Management, 6(1):1-7.
- Green, D., McCann, J., Lopez, N., & Ouattara, S. (2018). Gig Economy and the Future of Work: A Fiverr.com Case Study. Management and Economics Research Journal, 4, 281-288.
- Green, D. & Roberts, G. (2012). Transformational leadership in a postmodern world: the presidential election of Barack Obama. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 1(1), 9-18.
- Green, D. & Roberts, G. (2012). Impact of postmodernism on public sector leadership practices: federal government human capital development implications. Public Personnel Management, 41(1), 61-77.
- Green, D. & McCann, J. (2011). Benchmarking a leadership model for the green economy. Benchmarking: The International Journal, 18(3), 445-465.
- Green, D., Hagans, L, & Houghton, D. (2021). Brand Marketing Through Faculty-Student Collaboration: Increasing Recruitment and Retention at Oklahoma Baptist University, Poster Session. 2021 ACBSP National Conference, Miami, Florida.
- Green, D. (2021). Wired for Life: Building Learner-Centered Teaching for Generation Z Students, Presenter, 2021 World Future Forum Conference.
- Green, D. (2020). Preparing Gen Z Business Leaders as Agents of Good, Keynote Speaker, 2020 ACBSP-IACBE Joint Virtual Conference.
- Green, D. (2018). Wired for Life: Inspiring Generation Z to Be Entrepreneurial Leaders. Best of Region 6 Presentations, 2018 ACBSP Regional Conference, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, New Mexico.