Digital Media Arts is offered through the division of Communication Arts in the Warren M. Angell College of Fine Arts.
Digital Media Arts at OBU provides you with hands-on training in audio/video, multimedia production and animation. DMAR majors can take advantage of a very active internship program, opportunities to produce student programs and state of the art audio/video production facilities.
|Program Options||Degree Plan|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Digital Media Arts|
|Minor in Digital Media Arts and Design|
|Minor in Digital Media Arts|
|Minor in Animation|
What makes an OBU Digital Media Arts degree special?
Digital Media Arts at OBU provides you with hands-on training in 3D animation, sports broadcasting, TV news, video production or filmmaking. DMAR majors take advantage of a very active internship program off-campus, as well as opportunities to produce student programs on campus in state-of-the-art production facilities.
You'll be right in the thick of producing high quality, award-winning, student-run shows in news, sports, variety, documentary or filmmaking. Since they are student-produced, you'll be guaranteed hands-on training in jobs both on and off camera. The most recent addition to DMAR’s history of success is the launch of a degree emphasis option in 3D animation.
With a creative atmosphere, sophisticated hi-tech equipment and a friendly and helpful staff of both students and faculty, working on DMAR projects will surely be a life-changing experience that you'll remember for years to come. Not only is this experience challenging, but you will be in demand for jobs in the electronic media field.
What are OBU grads doing with their Digital Media Arts degrees?
Our graduates have gone on to work for:
- KSAT-TV, San Antonio
- Sports Reporter, KVII-TV, Amarillo, TX
- Sports Anchor, KOTV-TV, Tulsa, OK
- News Producer, KOTV-TV, Tulsa, OK
- Documentary Producer, Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA)
- Video Producer, Lifechurch.tv
- KSAT-TV, San Antonio
- Remote Photographer, Christian Broadcasting Network
- Investigative Reporter, Independence Institute
- Photographer, WWL TV
- Oklahoma State Regents
- Life Today
- Graduate School, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Graduate School, University of Oklahoma
- Video Editor, Back to the Bible
- Media Director, Pur Image Media Services
- Chief Creative Officer, Insight Creative Group
- Co-Founder, Lampstand Media
- Sports Anchor/Reporter, KCBI Dallas
- Station Manager, KYSE Frederick/Lawton
Learn more about our Communication Arts faculty.