Under the leadership of OBU’s new president Dr. Heath A. Thomas, the University began a multi-year process in 2020 of reassessing where we are, where we need to go, and how to get there together. Out of this examination came the Multiply strategy, which was formally announced to the campus community in 2021. The Multiply strategy includes 10 teams working toward incremental improvements in numerous areas of the University over a three-year period from 2021 to 2024.
Strategy execution in all areas is guided by three key overarching strategic objectives:
- Reach students and families.
- Realize financial potential.
- Refocus the University and shape the future.
10 critical projects have been identified and teams have been assigned to each of the following areas:
- Recruitment, Enrollment, Marketing Process
- Price Structure
- Academic Focus
- Scholarships and Endowment
- Student Experience and Facility Enhancement
- Academic Alignment and Enhancement
- Alumni Relations
- Professional Development
- Streamline Processes to Improve Effectiveness
Projects one through five will begin and complete the majority of related work in year one, projects six through eight in year two, and projects nine and ten in year three.
Read more about the Multiply strategy