May 23, 2006
Marnie Glasgow Ducato and Dr. Rachel McClintock Franklin, both 1993 graduates of Oklahoma Baptist University, were honored by The Journal Record on May 18 as two of the state’s top leaders under the age of 40.
The business newspaper’s “Achievers under 40” event recognized professionals from the state, representing a wide spectrum of business industries.
“This group of honorees is all under the age of 40 but has already proven both their leadership skills and their strong commitment to making Oklahoma a better place to live and work." said Mary Mélon, the paper’s publisher.
Winners were chosen by a committee composed of area leaders and were honored at the event and profiled in a special publication of The Journal Record.
Ducato is director of marketing and public relations for the Tulsa Zoo. Under her leadership, the zoo’s exposure has increased through award-winning marketing campaigns as well as securing national television spotlights highlighting the zoo’s accomplishments. Most recently she led the campaign for winning “America’s Favorite Zoo.”
Ducato is currently the chair of Tulsa’s Young Professionals, an 1,800 member organization dedicated to attracting and retaining young professionals. She is co-author of Chirp, a column for working mothers in Tulsa Kids which will debut this June. She is married to Anthony and has one son, Nicholas.
Franklin is a family medicine physician at the Oklahoma City Clinic, and also the author of Expecting Twins, Triplets, and More: A Doctor’s Guide to a Healthy and Happy Multiple Pregnancy. She is a regular columnist for TWINS Magazine. In addition, she teaches at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and College of Nursing. She and her husband Benjamin have five-year old twins, Jack and Emma.
The Journal Record's third class of "Achievers under 40" includes:
• Robert Dick Bell, judge, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals
• James P. Boggs, senior vice president of commercial banking, MidFirst Bank
• Martin J. Bonick, CEO, Tulsa Regional Medical Center
• Dan Boren, member, U.S. House of Representatives
• Jesse Boudiette, vice president and corporate communications manager, Bank of Oklahoma
• Jerry T. Butler, general manager, Williams Broadcasting LLC-KOFM/KFWA
• Kati M. Christ, senior vice president, IBC Bank
• Glenn Coffee, member, Oklahoma Senate
• Adam Cohen, director of legal and public affairs, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
• Jake Dollarhide, CEO, Longbow Asset Management
• Joe Dorman, member, Oklahoma House of Representatives
• Marnie Ducato, marketing and media relations director, Tulsa Zoo
• Leigh Goodson, vice president for enrollment management and marketing, Oklahoma State University
• Risha Grant, editor-in-chief, Xposure Business Magazine
• Sean Griffin, founder and senior consultant, Vizalution LLC
• Brett Hamm, executive vice president and senior partner, Saxum Strategic Communications
• Shane Fernandez, vice president and director of design, McFarland Davies Architects
• Darcie Henderson, vice president and corporate services officer, Coppermark Bank
• Joe M. Hodges, president, St. Anthony Hospital
• Peter Hodges, president, Metro Auto Dealers Association
• Taylor Keen, vice president, Cherokee Nation Enterprises
• Joe Kelley, host, KRMG Morning News
• Vi T. Le, compliance officer/legal counsel, Global Health Inc.
• Jason Little, investment advisor, Sperry Van Ness
• Jay Martin, vice president of research and development, Martin Bionics LLC
• Jessica Martinez-Brooks, media and community relations coordinator, Oklahoma City Community College
• Rachel McClintock Franklin, pediatrician, Oklahoma City Clinic
• James C. Milton, partner, Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson
• Barry Murphy Jr., managing director, Ronin Development LLC
• Andrea Myers, account director, Rex Public Relations LLC
• David P. Odom, president, D.P. Odom Construction & Odom NW
• Armand Paliotta, partner, Hartzog Conger Cason & Neville LLP
• Sally Ray, vice president of financial development, YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City
• David Reid, president, Vox Printing Inc.
• Josh Roby, assistant vice president, Bank South
• Chip Sears, chef/senior instructor, director of A la Carte classes, The Culinary Institute at Platt College
• Kayte Spillman, managing editor, TulsaPeople Magazine
• Tom D. Walker, chief operating officer and executive vice president, i2E
• Tina Wells, director of community relations, EMSA
• Christi Woodworth, director of external communications, Sonic America's Drive-In