What to Bring
At OBU, we understand that International Students are bound by airline regulations when they are traveling abroad.
To aid in your transition to the university, churches in the Shawnee area are happy to provide students with several essential items upon their arrival. These items include towels, bedding, and laundry bag to name a few items!
So, as you are preparing to pack your bags, here are some things you will want to make sure to include:
- Enough US currency to use during your in country connections
- Clothing for the season in which you will arrive (Oklahoma does have all 4 seasons)
- Original documents for any copies supplied to the university during the admissions process
- Any medications needed
- Wear your OBU T-shirt so you can be identified upon arrival in OKC.
- Optional- small gifts for your new friends
- Adaptors/ Convertors for any electronics
- Copies of all important documents
- An International credit/debit card for purchases in the US
- A calling card to notify your family once you have arrived safely in Shawnee
- Your completed Health Form