Marriage and Family Therapy
Now accepting applications for Spring 2015
The Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program at Oklahoma Baptist University equips marriage and family therapists for Christian service in churches, agencies, on the mission field and in private practice. OBU’s MFT graduate program prepares students to apply their professional skills from a Christian perspective in order to bring God’s healing to families, couples and individuals.
As a uniquely Christian educational endeavor in the teaching and practice of marriage and family therapy, we affirm the Lordship and example of Jesus Christ in all our personal, professional and academic endeavors. This program will equip graduates to practice marriage and family therapy from a Christian perspective. The emphasis of Christian values and practice will be integrated throughout all of the course offerings and clinical supervision. Other distinctives include:
- High academic quality and strong MFT foundation resulting in strong licensure pass rates
- Faculty with clinical experience and experience teaching in MFT programs
- Faculty with AAMFT Approved Supervisor credentials and with LMFT State Licensure Board experience
- Systems-oriented training for excellent preparation to work with families and couples
- Evening classes with flexibility to complete degree on 2, 3 or 4 year tracks
- Diverse selection of practicum sites (local and state-wide)
- 45 total credit hour curriculum which will meet requirements for licensure as a marriage and family therapist in the state of Oklahoma
- All classes taught from an MFT perspective. Don't settle for a Counseling degree with a few family classes on the side!
- Classes will be conducted primarily on the Shawnee campus with occasional use of OKC campus
- Working-Adult Friendly
- Students can move through academic classes as a group thereby developing a strong sense of community and improving the learning experience. New groups of no more than twenty students will be seated each August.
- Thesis option is available for those planning on continuing towards Ph.D
- GRE requirement may be waived for those with prior graduate training
Contact Dr. Canaan Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.