Dr. Lepaine McHenry
Dean, College of Nursing
- Thurmond Hall 118
- OBU Box 61805
Lepaine Sharp-McHenry joined the OBU faculty in 2013. Previously at the University of Arkansas, she served as assistant director of the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing. She has served as nursing faculty in graduate and undergraduate education. Her diverse background has afford her the opportunity to work in nursing practice, regulation, and education.
McHenry received a doctorate in nursing practice with a specialty in executive leadership from Union University. Her clinical practice includes medial surgical nursing, long term care, adult psychiatry, staff development, adult addictive disease, children’s/adolescent psychiatry, and human resources.
McHenry is the founding president of the Arkansas Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care Association and Past Vice President of the National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care. McHenry chaired the Transition to Practice Committee for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing and served as the Vice President of this organization. She has served four appointments by the Governor of Arkansas (Long Term Care Advisory Board, Minority Health Commission, Arkansas State Board of Nursing (served Vice President & President), the Governor’s Roundtable on Healthcare, and also served on the Health, Safety, and Rural Development Committee for the Arkansas Farm Bureau. She is currently serving on the Finance Committee for the American Association for Colleges of Nursing.
- Fellow in Academy of Certified Directors of Nursing Administration
- A.D.N., Southern Arkansas University
- B.S.N., University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
- M.S.N., University of Oklahoma - Tulsa
- DNP, Union University
- Eleanor Mann School of Nursing 2010 Service Award
- American Association of Collegiate Nursing Leadership Academic Nursing Program Fellow in 2009
- Outstanding Volunteer Award for NWA Junior League in 2004
- Outstanding Young Arkansan in 1999
- Fayetteville’s Young Top Five Professionals in 1999
- Eleanor Mann School of Nursing Research Award in 1998
- University of Oklahoma Outstanding Academic Achievement in 1996
Davis, K., Sharp-McHenry, L., & Cuningkin, V. (2013) Incivility in Nursing Education. ASBN Update 2013; 17(3), pp 16-17. *Co-researcher.
Sharp-McHenry, L. (2006). Long Term Care. In Monahan, F., Marek, J, Sands, J, Neighbors, M, and Green, C. Phipps Medical-Surgical Nursing Health and Illness Perspectives, (pp. 220-236). Eighth Ed. St. Louis: Mosby/Elsevier.
Needs Assessment for Education Needs of Long Term Care Directors of Nursing in Arkansas 2013
Incivility in Nursing Education Integrated Research Review 2013