Dr. Joe Rawdon
Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Thurmond Hall 124
- OBU Box 61805
Dr. Rawdon joined the OBU faculty in 2012, bringing with him a wide range of experiences in rural and urban health care, specifically in critical care, medical/surgical, chronic disease, translational research and rheumatology.
Professional memberships include the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists, Oklahoma association of Clinical Nurse Specialists, the Institute of Oklahoma Nurse Educators.
In addition to teaching, he maintains active clinical practice as an advanced practice nurse in adult health.
Primary Teaching Area:
- Care of the Acutely Ill
- Complex Care
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist
- American Academy of Critical Care Nurses
- End-of-Life Nursing Care
- The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium
- B.A., OBU
- M.A., University of Oklahoma
- D.N.P., Oklahoma City University
- White Coat Ceremony Grant recipient 2014, AACN/Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Provost Award of Excellence 2013, Oklahoma Baptist University
- Highest Honors Graduate 2013, Oklahoma City University, Kramer School of Nursing
- Student Address, Spring Commencement 2013, Oklahoma City University
- Outstanding Scholarship by a Doctoral Student Award 2013, Oklahoma City University, Kramer School of Nursing
- Rising Star of Scholarship and Research Poster Program 2013, Sigma Theta Tau International
OACNS 4th Annual Advanced Pharmacology Conference Topic: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: A Review and Update, April 15, 2011
OU College of Nursing Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nurses Workshop Topic: Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Review and Update, August 29, 2009
Rural Rheumatoid Arthritis: Delays in care cause damage and disability. (2013). Joe Rawdon. Sitma Theta Tau International, poster presentation,
Low Placebo Responses and Clinical Components of the Biomarkers of Lupus Disease (BOLD) Study May Provide Useful Insights for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Clinical Trial Design. (2011). Sudhakar T. Sridharan, T. Zhou, F. Immermann, M. Lehmann, J.L. Masferrer, M. Honczarenko, J.C. Rawdon, J.A. James and J.T. Merrill. Pfizer Inc, Collegeville, PA, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK
A Genetic Variant of TLR9 May Impact Interferon Alpha Levels in Lupus. (2010). Joe Rawdon, Joy Hucheson, Stan Kamp, Danny Walker, Eric Finley, Kathleen O’Brien, Joan T. Merrill.
Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) for Treatment of Arthritis in Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). (2010). Joan T. Merrill, Fredonna Carthen, Sandy K Wilson, Stan Kamp, Joy Hutcheson, Joe Rawdon, Eric Finley, Ewa Olech, Robert M Clancy, Jill P Buyon.
Severity of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Oklahoma Native Americans. (2009). Angela Genovese, Joe Rawdon, Sheryl Delancy, Sanober Malik, Nicholas Knowlton, Stephen Apel, Debbie Gladd, Joan T. Merrill, Ewa Olech.
Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) Is Effective for Systemic Lupus (SLE) Arthritis, Final Results of An Organ-Specific, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. (2009). Joan T. Merrill, Molina Mhatre, Fredonna Carthen, Sandra K. Wilson, Stan Kamp, Joy G. Hutcheson, Joseph Rawdon, Eric Finley, Ewa Olech, Robert M. Clancy and Jill Buyon.