1. Basic schedule for the weekend (Chorale stuff) can be found here on the OBU Alumni/Homecoming website. Hopefully you can make all the rehearsals Friday and Saturday. If you can';t make Friday though, then still come on Saturday! As well, I know several might miss Saturday morning rehearsal time because of special class breakfasts.
2. Remember to make your own individual reservation for the Chorale Anniversary Banquet on Saturday evening at 5:30 p.m. (and any other Homecoming activity you need to register/pay for). You can do that here! There will be special recognitions and reminiscing during the banquet!
3. Dress for Saturday evening concert....men: coat and tie (pants and shirt would also be advisable)...ladies: any kind of a "nice look"...dress, shirt/blouse, pant/blouse, etc. Basically what we used to call "Sunday dress".... ;-)
4. Reunion music can be downloaded from the above website! There are 8 numbers total, so please spend time looking at (and then practicing!) your part. I've already told Nancy that we won't have enough rehearsal time, so that means we need to have it up to snuff when we get here. Please make your own copies (I'd suggest 2-sided) and BRING THE MUSIC WITH YOU in a 3-ring black folder OR on an Ipad for performance.
5. FYI, you'll be able to enjoy special performances from the following alums at our concert: Sherry Upshaw '77...Keri Burman Castro '06...Wes Moore '86...the Blackley triplets '90...Rodger Whitten '77...Julie Benoit Gilbreath '00. Accompanists for the celebration include Susan Van Scyoc Ballweg '77...Mary Chung (OBU music faculty)...Kari Pyron Jones '94...Melanie Craighead Moore '84...Sherry Upshaw '77...Rodger Whitten '77. ALSO, we'll all get to enjoy our Masters of Ceremonies Rhetta Mayfield Hudson (retired OBU music faculty) and Sam Patty '75.
6. It's not too late to contact others that were in Chorale with you and encourage them to join us...we haven't filled the stage yet!! We especially need more "younger" alums from the Sneed and DeSeguirant years. Utilize our Chorale Alumni Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/6880078055/. As well to assist, I'm including an excel file of University Chorale alumni.
7. Mary Kay Parrish is helping to put together a video tribute to James Woodward. PLEASE send her any pictures NOW of Woodward or of the Chorale during his years. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to reminiscing and rejoicing together!
BrentD. Brent Ballweg, D.M.A.Burton H. Patterson Professor of MusicDirector of Choral ActivitiesOklahoma Baptist University500 West UniversityShawnee, OK 74804405.585.4316 office405.514.8358 cell405.585.4305 faxSouthwestern Division PresidentAmerican Choral Directors Association