1. How do I determine if I am eligible for VA Education Benefits?
- The government's VA benefits website is the best source of VA information for eligibility, types of benefit programs, payment rates and much more beyond education.
- You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-BILL1).
2. How do I use my VA benefits at OBU?
- Apply online for VA Education Benefits.
- Print and complete the VA Student Information Sheet.
- Get accepted into a degree-seeking program of study.
- Get registered for classes.
- Send a copy of the DD-214 to OBU.
- Send a copy of your VA "Certificate of Eligibility" to OBU.
3. What will I need to apply for VA benefits?
- Post 9/11 Era GI Bill Ch. 33
- Selected Reserves Ch. 1606 MGIB
- DD Form 214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- DD Form 2384 - Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), for Selected Reservists only
- VA Student Information Sheet
- VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Ch. 31
- You must apply and be eligible by the VA first. The VA will fax your approval to OBU to certify your enrollment.
- Contact the VA at 800-827-1000 or go to the VA website.
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Ch. 35
4. Who is the Veterans' Certifying Official at OBU?
Administrative Assistant, Dean of Enrollment Management and Veterans Certifying Official
500 West University
OBU Box 61173
Shawnee, Ok 74804