Digital Media Arts
Dr. David Byland
Associate Professor of Telecommunications
View full faculty roster
Digital Media Arts is part of the Communication Arts division in the College of Fine Arts.
Click here to view student graphic art projects.
My degree options:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Digital Media Arts
What makes an OBU Digital Media Arts degree special?
Digital Media Arts at OBU provides you with hands-on training in audio/video and multimedia production. DMA majors can take advantage of a very active internship program, opportunities to produce student programs on Channel 30, and state of the art audio/video production facilities.
Channel 30, OBU's own cable television channel, is the place to be if you want to learn firsthand what it is like to work in a TV studio. You'll be right in the thick of production of high quality student-run shows in news, sports, variety, and documentary. And since they are student-produced, you'll be guaranteed hands-on training in jobs both on and off camera.
Besides the experience, you'll also find working on media projects to be challenging. With a creative atmosphere, sophisticated hi-tech equipment, and a friendly and helpful staff of both students and faculty, working on DMA projects will surely be a life-changing experience that you'll remember for years to come. Not only is this experience challenging, but you will be in demand for jobs in the electronic media field.
What are OBU grads doing with their Digital Media Arts degrees?
- Graduate School, University of Oklahoma
- Documentary Producer, Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA)
- Video Producer, Lifechurch.tv
- KSAT-TV, San Antonio
- Remote Photographer, Christian Broadcasting Network
- Investigative Reporter, Independence Institute
- Photographer, WWL TV
- Baylor Sports
- Oklahoma State Regents
- Life Today
- Graduate School, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Video Editor, Back to the Bible
- Media Director, Pur Image Media Services
- Celebrity Attractions
- Sports Anchor/Reporter, KCBI Dallas
- Station Manager, KYSE Frederick/Lawton
What do OBU Digital Media Arts faculty specialize in?
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival
- Oklahoma Educational Television Authority Student Day
- Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters Student Day
- Oklahoma Broadcast Education Association Student Production Competition