J-term and Spring 2013
- Financial Information
- Registering for Classes
- Online Registration via Self Service Banner
- Requirements for Each Term
- Important Phone Numbers and Office Locations
Payment Schedule: Spring 2013November 1 - January 24: New students must make a $125 enrollment guarantee.After January 24: One-third or full payment due + $50.00 late registration fee.
All charges for tuition, fees, room and board are due and payable at the beginning of the term. All charges not covered by payments or by financial aid (as certified by the Office of Student Financial Services) may be paid under an installment plan, the three or five-payment plan.
Three-payment Plan: Payments for enrollment costs, less verified financial aid are due as follows: February 1, March 1 and April 1. For any month a payment is late, a late payment fee of $25 is charged. A $40 origination fee will be assessed each semester for those using the three-payment plan.
Five-payment Plan: Payments for enrollment costs, less verified financial aid are due as follows: December 1; January 1; February 1; March 1; and April 1. For any month a payment is late, a late payment fee of $25 is charged. A $40 origination fee will be assessed each semester for those using the five-payment plan.
Payment Schedule: J-term 2013November 1 - January 3: New students must make a $125 enrollment guarantee.After January 3: One-half down payment + $50.00 late registration fee
One-half of all undergraduate charges not covered by financial aid must be paid by the first day of class. The remainder of charges is due the first day of the third week of class. The second half of the charges may be included in the spring payment plan provided that the student has enrolled for the spring term.
New students must make a $125 enrollment guarantee deposit. The new student enrollment guarantee is not refundable after May 1 for the fall semester or November 1 for the spring semester.
If a student withdraws from school or decreases hours after classes begin, applicable credits for tuition, room rent, and fees will be computed according to the following schedule. Calculations are based upon the date the student notifies the Academic Center IN WRITING OR IN PERSON. Credits for room rent and meals are based upon the date the student notifies Residential Life IN WRITING OR IN PERSON or OFFICIALLY CHECKS OUT OF CAMPUS HOUSING, WHICHEVER IS LATER.
Spring: Beginning with the first day and continuing for the first week after classes begin, the credit is 100%; second week, 80%; third week, 60%; fourth week, 40%. No refund is given after the fourth week of class.
J-term (four week term): Within two academic days after classes begin, the credit is 100%; third day, 80%; fourth day, 60%; fifth day, 40%. No refund is given after the fifth academic day of class.
Step 1: Students not currently enrolled in OBU must secure a Permit to Enroll and Enrollment Information Packet from the Admissions Office, Thurmond Hall. Former students who completed a Leave of Absence form in the Academic Center before leaving OBU may secure their Enrollment Information Packet in the Academic Center, Thurmond Hall 201.
Step 2: Continuing students will receive Enrollment Information Packets through their campus e-mail.
Step 3: Counsel with Faculty Adviser and complete all necessary forms. IF YOU PLAN TO REGISTER YOURSELF ONLINE, ASK YOUR ADVISOR FOR A PIN NUMBER AS WELL AS SIGNATURE ON THE REGISTRATION CARD. Secure approval of your Dean for any overloads (more than 13 hours if conditional or probation and more than 17 hours if in good standing). Limit to 6 hours for Summer Term I or II.
NOTE: ALL PACKET FORMS ARE REQUIRED AT THIS STATION.
You can look for class openings, complete registration, and add or drop for the current semester.
- Go to the current student resource page
- Click on "Self Service Banner [Online Registration]";
- Click on Student and Financial Aid;
- Click on Registration Status to see if you have any holds - if so, contact the office placing the hole;
- Class Schedule Search screen will come up
- Choose Subject (Department, such as ACCOUNTING);
- Choose ALL for Instructional Methods, Course Level, Part of Term and Instructor;
- Click CLASS SEARCH;
- To register or change, click Add/Drop Courses;
- Click on the current term and enter your ID number with one leading zero. ID must be seven digits long; if not, an additional leading zero is required;
- Enter the CRN's (Course Reference Numbers) for the courses desired and click SUBMIT;
- If there are closed classes, ineligible courses, time conflicts, or courses needing approval, that message will appear on your screen.
- When you are ready to enroll in the courses shown on your screen, click Submit Changes.
- Click on Student Detail Schedule to view and/or print the schedule of courses in which you have enrolled.
STUDENTS ARE REMINDED THAT THE FOLLOWING OBLIGATIONS, AS APPLICABLE, MUST BE MET BEFORE BEGINNING CLASS ATTENDANCE:
- Students with Financial Aid must meet all stated deadlines for application AND receipt/acknowledgment;
- All vehicles driven to/on campus must be registered in the Cashier’s Office, Thurmond Hall first floor;
- Photo-ID cards must be made or updated in the Geiger Center, Student Development Office;
- Students on Church Vocations Scholarships must pick up the schedule for required meetings from School of Christian Service, Owens Hall 112;
- Students with Vocational Rehabilitation Scholarships must participate in the required interview.
- Academic Center, Thurmond Hall 201 (second floor, north), 585-5100
- Admissions, Thurmond Hall (second floor, south), 585-5000
- Business Office, Thurmond Hall 104, 585-5130
- Dean, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Owens Hall 109, 585-4100
- Dean, College of Business, Bailey Business Center, 585-4400
- Dean, College of Theology and Ministry, Montgomery Hall, 585-4426
- Dean, College of Fine Arts, Raley Chapel 202W, 585-4300
- Dean, College of Nursing, Thurmond Hall 123, 585-4450
- Dean, College of Science and Mathematics, MLC 308, 585-4120
- Dean of Students, Geiger Center 209, 585-5250
- Degree Counselor, Thurmond Hall 201, 585-5102
- Financial Aid, Thurmond Hall, second floor, 585-5020
- Housing, Geiger Center 210, 585-5250
- Registrar, Thurmond Hall 201, 585-5100
- Student Success Center, Mabee 315, 585-5080