January 7-8, 2013 (Monday afternoon and Tuesday)
Mr. Fred Allen, Director of Bands, Stephen Austin State University
Dr. Brad Benson, Director of Fine Arts, Norman Public Schools
|Monday, November 12, 2012|
|5:00 p.m. (Director’s meeting at 4:45 p.m.)|
|Raley Chapel on the OBU campus|
Registration and Fees
1. Register online here by October 29, 2012. Late registration is allowed, with a late registration fee of $4.00 per registrant.
2. Mail payment or P.O., payable to OBU Bands, to:
|500 W. University St.|
|Shawnee, OK, 74804|
The audition fee is $8.00. Late entries will be charged an additional $4.00 per student.
Audition fees must be paid (or PO submitted) by auditions for students to be allowed to
Payment must be received in the OBU Band Office by October 29, 2012 to be considered
Students qualifying for the band will be assessed a $10.00 participation fee. This will be due before the first rehearsal on January 7, 2013, and must be paid for students to participate in OBU Honor Band activities.
Senior High (Grades 10-12)
• Excerpts from the Oklahoma All-State First-Round Band List
o For Audition Material, consult the OMEA website.
• Sight reading will be required of Senior High (no scales)
Junior High School
• Excerpts from the Rubank Advanced Method
o We will be using SET IV this year (click here)
• Be prepared to play the Bb chromatic scale one octave up and down plus one of the following 5 concert scales: C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
ALL Junior High Percussionists will choose Percussion I, II, or III and will audition on all three etudes in that category.
Monday, January 7 - 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 8 - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
6:30 p.m. Tuesday, January 8 - Potter Auditorium in Raley Chapel on the OBU Campus
LADIES - dresses (mid-calf length preferred) or dress pants and top
GENTLEMEN - slacks, shirt, and tie (coat optional), dress shoes
Feel free to contact Dr. Chris Neal, Director of Bands, at (405) 878-2307 or email@example.com with any questions.